These ham and cheese pinwheels are easy to make and fun to eat. They’re a perfect option for a picky eater’s lunch box and friends, they are a PERFECT lunch recipe for kids.
Ham and Cheese Pinwheels – Perfect Lunch Recipe for Kids
Getting the kids into the kitchen to help with preparing school lunches is a great idea to actually get them to eat their lunch.
When our daughter started school, it was a struggle because she would:
- socialize during lunch
- nibble on her lunch (always the easy-to-eat vegetables or fruit)
- be starving when she came home
I began having her help me prepare her lunches and when we made fun lunch ideas like these pinwheels, she actually ate her lunch!
Mix Up the Cream Cheese Flavors for This Pinwheel Recipe
This recipe makes 6-8 pinwheels which is about 2.5 servings. Because you’re making 2 tortilla’s worth of yummy ham and cheese pinwheels, consider changing up the cream cheese flavors.
Kids will love regular cream cheese, but these are very tasty with a garden or chive and onion and garden vegetable.
Assemble with Style – Pinwheel Recipes are Fun for Kids
This is the perfect recipe to get the kids in the kitchen! Their little hands will need help rolling, but the rest can be done by them with minimal supervision.
If you’re making these a lot for school lunches (you will be), consider picking up reusable food picks. My daughter loves picking out new designs. We have a few from Amazon:
Over to You
What are your favorite school lunch ideas? Share them below. Be sure to check our pizza pinwheels – also a HUGE hit with everyone!
- 2 large tortillas, look for "burrito size"
- 4 leaves lettuce, we used Romaine
- 10-12 slices deli ham, 1 small package
- 8 slices cheese
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- Lay the tortillas flat and spread about 2 tablespoons of cream cheese on each.
- Next, layer the ham onto the tortillas.
- On top of the ham, add lettuce.
- The last ingredient, add on the 4 slices of cheese to each tortilla.
- Roll the tortillas tightly and slice into 2-inch sections.
- Use a toothpick or reusable food picks to secure each wheel.
- Serve these immediately or store in the refrigerator. Pack a school lunch with a cool pack.
For more tasty food for kids, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 218 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 39mg Sodium: 608mg Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 2g Protein: 13g