These pinwheel cupcakes are so cute, as soon as I had the idea, I had to make them. And they’re just such an easy party cupcake decorating idea.
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I am a little bit in love with coming up with new ideas for the perfect party cupcakes for any occasion. One of my favorite holidays is July 4th and the party wouldn’t be complete without some fun patriotic cupcakes to grace our table!
Strap in because these pinwheel cupcakes are both patriotic and easy which is awesome for everyone. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite patriotic cupcakes pin board o share it to a foodie group on Facebook.
Tips to Make these Patriotic Cupcakes
- Definitely start with your favorite vanilla cupcake recipe. I love our Lazy Girl’s Cupcakes because they’re super simple and bake in just about the amount of time necessary to make some pinwheels.
- Multitask when making these:
- give the little ones their choice of sprinkles in red, white, blue (and maybe even gold or silver)
- clean up the bowls (or throw them in the dishwasher after a good rinse)
- make the pinwheels while they’re baking
- Don’t try to rush the cupcakes. Frost them after they’ve cooled completely, otherwise the frosting might slide right off the top.
- If you’re going to be outside, use a stiff, heat-resistant buttercream (like an Italian buttercream frosting recipe).
How Do I Make Easy 4th of July Pinwheel Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making a July 4th food ideas playlist on YouTube, here is our patriotic pinwheel cupcakes video tutorial.
More 4th of July Food Ideas You Might Like
- The BEST 4th of July Food Ideas Around – If you’re on the hook for doing all the things for the big patriot-party, you’re in luck.
- July 4th Popcorn Balls – I made these some time ago, but they remain on my list of “must haves” for every July 4th barbecue.
- Flag Cupcakes – If you want the kids to make their own cupcakes for the holiday, these candy flag cupcakes are done in minutes.
Please Save or Share This
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite 4th of July food ideas pin board.