Cute Sea Shell Krispie Treats are Perfect Mermaid Party Treats!
The kiddo wanted a mini mermaid party, so we made sea shell krispie treats for a fun snack and had the best time! They’re cute, simple and really fun to make.
Sea shell Krispie Treats
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are all about making this summer more bearable for the kiddo. So much time being home and not as many trips out…well, we’re having almost weekly “mini parties” here for the family, just to add a fun twist. This week, the kiddo asked for a mermaid party so we made these fun sea shell krispies treats (and a few other things).
RELATED READING: BEST CUPCAKES KIDS CAN HELP MAKE
It was a fun way to help prep for our little under the sea party and she had a great time. If you’re ready to make a fun mermaid treat, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite mermaid party ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Sea shell Rice Krispie Treats
- Start by getting a sea shell cookie cutter like this one. You’re going to need it–that’s how we’re getting the sea shell shape! LOL!
- I always like to recommend using my easy no-fail rice krispies treats. They’re a super basic and easy cereal treat, but there are a few tricks there to make the recipe worth repeating.
- Always always measure out the ingredients. Sometimes, with a “simple” recipe, it can be easy to just make it up on the fly. But if there’s a mistake that can be made with rice krispies treats, this is basically the only one. Go one way with ingredients and your treats be so gooey and floppy; go the opposite way and they’ll be exceedingly crunchy and dry. So, use the recipe–pretend we’re baking.
- Miniature marshmallows make your rice cereal treats the best of the best. I don’t mess around with the big jumbo marshmallows. They’re basically giant fluffy useless blobs when you try to make treats with them. The mini-marshmallows melt faster and more smoothly than the big marshmallows and those itty-bitty marshmallows are just ridiculously easier to stir.
- Before decorating the shell treats, ask the kiddo to wait until they are completely cooled. Warm treats and chocolate will result in a gooey mess.
How Do I Make Sea shell Krispie Treats?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Easy Krispie Treat Recipes You Might Like
- Minion Rice Krispies – Minions are huge in our house and make a come-back a million times over all the time. And one of the kiddo’s favorite version: minion treats.
- Unicorn Treats – If your kiddo loves unicorns, you have to know that these treats–so cool, you’ll get squees. Seriously.
- Firecracker Rice Krispies – Add a little pop to your treat enjoyment and watch the kids laugh and enjoy a treat they can help decorate!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy kid-made recipes board on Pinterest.