How adorable is this Ariel Paper Roll Craft? If you have a Disney Princess or mermaid fan in your house, this simple kid’s craft is sure to please. Grab a paper roll, the free template, and let’s get started.
Ariel Paper Roll Craft
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are always looking for more Ariel crafts as she is one of our favorite Disney Princesses. This Disney toilet paper roll craft for kids is something I know will be a big hit for the little ones.
Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
Too busy to make this now or want to save it for your next mermaid party? Pin this to your favorite kid’s craft or party board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make This printable Ariel craft
- Be sure to tell the kids to make the details their own. A few ideas: add under the sea stickers, draw starfish or seaweed in her hair, or even make a coral scene with pipe cleaners.
- If you have very young Princess Ariel fans, print the colored version and help them cut it out. Sit them down with a glue stick and they can work on fine motor skills by putting everything together.
- Google eyes are a hilarious addition… Seriously, it will make you laugh A LOT!
- If you have craft sticks on hand, add the completed paper roll to one and you have another way to play – put on a puppet show!
- Don’t worry about being perfect – this is a kid’s craft, friends.
How Do I Make this Ariel Paper Roll Craft?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making a Princess Ariel playlist on YouTube, here is our Ariel Paper Roll Craft video tutorial.
- Select orange, purple, green, and off-white colored craft papers for the Ariel tube doll craft. Prepare the patterns from the provided template by printing and cutting them out. Trace the patterns on the appropriate colored craft papers and cut them out nicely. You can add to the length of the outfits if you want to roll the whole tube with the paper.
- Grab the hair cut-out and cut a slit along the dashed line.
- Insert the top end of the head cut-out through the slit and push it all the way to the ears. Apply glue to secure the hair cut-out with the head cutout.
- Prepare the paper outfits for the Ariel tube doll. I used a green marker to draw scallop patterns on the tail patterns. You can also use a mermaid scale paper if you have it on hand.
- Grab the tail strip and wrap it around the toilet paper roll from any one side. Glue in place.
- Glue the shell top to the center of the purple top, position it above the body piece and wrap it around the toilet paper roll. Glue the top in place.
- Attach the head on the top side of the roll. Use a marker to draw the eyes, nose, and mouth of the Ariel tube doll.
Add a wooden craft stick (popsicle stick) or dowel to use as easy puppets.
Create an underwater scene with blue paper, pipe cleaners for coral, and stickers or drawing of starfish, jellyfish, and other sea creatures.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Ariel Paper Roll Craft You Might Like
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows, and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite craft board on Pinterest.