These Harry Potter Mason Jars are the cutest and easiest craft for any age kiddo. Perfect for school supplies, and a very cute teacher appreciation gift, I’d say that this Harry Potter craft idea for back to school is a win.
What You'll Find On This Page
Harry Potter Mason Jars
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have done more than our fair share of Harry Potter crafts. No really, there’s a quota, and I’m well over it. LOL!
In all seriousness, though, Harry Potter back to school ideas are big in our house right now. They just want Harry Potter (and Fantastic Beasts) everything that they can find, make or imagine. The wizarding world gene is strong in our family.
So, to feed those little crafty minds with some wizarding world crafts we could do, I came up with these fun Harry Potter mason jars. Simple and fun–they’re great for anyone to make from first-time pre-k kids all the way up to college students heading back to campus. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Harry Potter crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make These Harry Potter Crafts
- Do not feel like you have to use mason jars. You can use old pickle jars, Ball jars, Kerr jars. Whatever. As long as it’s clear glass, it should work the same as a Mason jar.
- Take your time, but don’t sweat it if it’s a little crooked. Each Harry Potter mason jar is going to be super unique and fun. Nothing says you have to be perfect at drawing on a round jar. Just sayin’.
- Ooooh! I forgot to make a Hermione…oh, but you can. Absolutely. Just do the exact same steps as you do for Harry, only skip the glasses and make the hair curly, long and wild. See? Done.
How Do I Make these Harry Potter Mason Jars?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Harry Potter Back to School Ideas You Might Like
- Harry Potter Wands – If you’ve got a little wizard that needs to have a pointer to help them learn to read, you cannot go wrong with making a few Harry Potter wands for this. They’ll love it–and you’ll love the magical ability to help your kiddo learn to read.
- Sorting Hat Bookmark – This is the coolest Harry Potter project ever. You simply must make this bookmark for your little reader!
- Harry Potter Painted Rocks – Kids love painting, hiding–and finding–special rocks. Make some of these special Harry Potter painted rocks to leave at school or give to their teacher as a gift!
- Harry Potter Mason Jar Pencil Holders – A super fun project for your kiddos–or an amazing gift for a teacher. You decide.
- Pencil Wands for Teacher Gifts – I don’t know any teacher that doesn’t have a problem losing pencils in her class. But if you give her (or him) a handful of these great wands, they won’t lose a single one!
New: Harry Potter Bath Bombs
I have had so many of you ask about Harry Potter bath bombs and here they are! Finally finished and ready for gifting.
- Slytherin Bath Bombs – Aren’t they sssssssmart? I couldn’t help myself.
- Gryffindor Bath Bombs – Courageous? Yes. Easy? You bet. Fun? Oh goodness, yes!
- Hufflepuff Bath Bombs – Just like their house magicians, these bath bombs work hard for you.
- Ravenclaw Bath Bombs – It sure is smart to keep one of these housemates (and this bath bomb) on hand.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Harry Potter crafts board on Pinterest.