Ravenclaw Bath Bomb
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are wholeheartedly into the Harry Potter DIY scene. We can’t get enough of the wizarding world and all the fun things we can make to amuse our little wizards and witches–and ourselves!
This Ravenclaw bath bomb is literally the best Harry Potter gift idea we’ve made lately and I, for one, can’t wait to “gift” it to myself this evening after the kids are in bed! Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Harry Potter DIY ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Houses in the Harry Potter Bath Bombs Series
You guessed it! We have all of the houses represented here on Ruffles and Rain Boots. They are:
- Ravenclaw Bath Bombs – That’s this one. Aren’t they so creative?
- Gryffindor Bath Bombs – Courageous? Yes. Easy? You bet. Fun? Oh goodness, yes!
- Hufflepuff Bath Bombs – Just like their house magicians, these bath bombs work hard for you.
- Slytherin Bath Bombs – Hey, snakes need love, too, and these look really cool.
Tips to Make this Harry Potter Gift Idea
- After you’re done making your Ravenclaw bath bombs, allow them to dry a minimum of 24 hours. If your climate is wet or cold, allow an additional 24 hours, because they’ll be so much more fun when they’re dry.
- My general bath bomb rule of thumb is that when your Ravenclaw bath bombs are hard to the touch, they are ready for the tub!
- Store in an airtight container until you are ready for the bath–you don’t want your Ravenclaw bath bombs to get fizzy before you’re ready.
How Do I Make this Ravenclaw Bath Bomb?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making a Harry Potter gift idea playlist on YouTube, here is our Ravenclaw bath bomb video tutorial.
Get Bath Bomb, Shower Fizzy, and Scrub Tutorials Delivered
Sign up for the Ruffles and Rain Boots free newsletter full of exclusives and freebies!
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup citric acid
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup goats milk powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon polysorbate 80
- 10-20 drops grapefruit essential oil
- 10-20 drops tea tree essential oil
- Blue mica powder
- Silver mica powder
- Blue cosmetic glitter
- Silver cosmetic glitter
- Stainless steel bath bomb molds
- Spray bottle filled with rubbing alcohol
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 2 small bowls
- In a large mixing bowl, add the baking soda, citric acid, goats milk powder and cornstarch. Whisk dry ingredients together.
- Add the coconut oil. This binds all the ingredients together, so you bath bombs don’t crumble when you touch them!
- Add the polysorbate 80. This helps the coconut oil disperse more evenly in your bath water, makes the bath bombs bubbly and prevents the mica from sticking to the side of the tub.
- Add essential oils.
- Mix the ingredients together. I use my hands to break down any lumps and make sure everything is really mixed in there. The mixture is perfect when it holds together when you press it into your hands and feels like wet sand. Separate mixture into five bowls.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the blue mica and blue cosmetic glitter into one of the small bowls and the silver mica and silver cosmetic glitter into the other small bowl. Step 12: Mix colors into mixture thoroughly. Add a bit more color if the mixture is too light. Continue to add a bit and mix until you get the color you want.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of your first color into a cavity of one side of the mold. Do the same with the other color and continue until the mold is full. Press both sides of the mold together firmly, grinding together to get rid of the excess mixture. Tap both sides of the mold and gently release the bomb.
For more awesome Harry Potter DIY ideas, visit RufflesandRainBoots.com
More Harry Potter DIY Ideas You Might Like
- No-Fail Bath Bomb Recipes – If you’re thinking of making any bath bombs for gifts, party favors, or just for fun-times for yourself, these no-fail bath bombs are absolutely the place to start!
- DIY Harry Potter Wands – I can’t stress enough that every Harry Potter fan needs a little DIY Harry Potter wand in their life–and these are so easy, you can’t help but want to make one, or four!
- Slytherin Bath Bombs – Not everyone is a Ravenclaw. Some of us are Slytherins! And there’s a bath bomb just for them too!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Harry Potter DIY ideas board on Pinterest.