Harry Potter rock painting is a fun and simple Harry Potter craft for any age. Perfect for kids, these Harry Potter kindness rocks make great gifts, too.
Harry Potter Rock Painting
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are very much Potter-heads. And one of the best parts of the whole series of books and movies? The pure and unadorned kindness that shines through both Harry and his friends throughout everything they face. This is one of the deepest lessons I want my kids to learn from this beloved character–Harry is kind.
So, I felt inspired to talk about Harry’s innate kindness, and that of his friends, while my kids and I sat down to make these Harry Potter kindness stones together.
Taking the time to do some Harry Potter rock painting was on our list, anyway, but turning it into a fun discussion about one of our favorite characters? Well, that was priceless and kind of amazing. If you’re ready to connect with your kids through Harry Potter kindness stones, well, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite rock painting ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make Harry Potter Kindness Rocks
- Don’t try to force your kids to make their Harry Potter painted rocks exactly like mine–or yours for that matter. Each Harry Potter rock painting experience is unique and the outcome will be unique, too. So, let them have fun and just walk them through it. Allowing someone to be creative is a kindness too.
- If your kids love the message behind these Harry Potter kindness stones, you might ask them to make a set to keep and a set to give to a friend as a gift. Easy enough to extend the project just a few minutes to be able to tell a friend that you value them.
How Do I Make this Harry Potter Rock Painting?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Harry Potter crafts You Might Like
- Harry Potter Wands – If you’ve got a little wizard that needs to have a pointer to help them learn to read, you cannot go wrong with making a few Harry Potter wands for this. They’ll love it–and you’ll love the magical ability to help your kiddo learn to read.
- Harry Potter Mason Jars – These are a fun, easy project for any age kiddo! And they’re perfect for organizing homework supplies at home or they’d make a great teacher appreciation gift.
- Harry Potter The Boy Who Lived Painted Rocks – If you want another cute Harry Potter painted rock idea, check these easy Boy Who Lived rocks.
- Sorting Hat Bookmark – A little bit difficult to mess this one up–it’s so wrinkly, the Sorting Hat just screams “kids can make me”. Ok. Maybe not really, but it’s so cute!
- Pencil Wands for Teacher Gifts – I don’t know any teacher that doesn’t have a problem losing pencils in her class. But if you give her (or him) a handful of these great wands, they won’t lose a single one!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Harry Potter crafts board on Pinterest.