I am so in love with this Gryfindor bath bomb recipe! So simple, but definitely the coolest of the Hogwarts House bath bombs–and the perfect gift for any Potterhead!
And anytime I can make a Harry Potter DIY that’s fun and the kids love? Well, I call that a win!
Gryffindor Bath Bomb
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are non-stop in love with Harry Potter, if you couldn’t tell. Not only have we undertaken the idea of making a full compliment of no-fail bath bombs, but we’ve combined that with our love of Harry Potter DIY ideas and this Gryffindor bath bomb recipe is the stunning result.
I’ll literally be sad to see these go fizzy! Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Gryffindor DIY ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Get Bath Bomb, Shower Fizzy, and Scrub Tutorials Delivered
Sign up for the Ruffles and Rain Boots free newsletter full of exclusives and freebies!
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
Houses in the Harry Potter Bath Bombs Series
You guessed it! We have all of the houses represented here on Ruffles and Rain Boots. They are:
- Gryffindor Bath Bombs – That’s this one. Aren’t they magical (and courageous)?
- Slytherin Bath Bombs – Hey, snakes need love, too, and these look really cool.
- Hufflepuff Bath Bombs – Just like their house magicians, these bath bombs work hard for you.
- Ravenclaw Bath Bombs – It sure is smart to keep one of these housemates (and this bath bomb) on hand.
Tips to Make this Gryffindor DIY
- After you’re done making your Gryffindor bath bombs, allow them to dry a minimum of 24 hours. If your climate is wet or cold, allow an additional 24 hours, because they’ll be so much more fun when they’re dry.
- My general bath bomb rule of thumb is that when your Gryffindor bath bombs are hard to the touch, they are ready for the tub!
- Store in an airtight container until you are ready for the bath–you don’t want your Gryffindor bath bombs to get fizzy before you’re ready.
How Do I Make These Gryffindor Bath Bombs?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you need help with this, please let me know in the comments below.
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup citric acid
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup goats milk powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon polysorbate 80
- 10-20 drops patchouli essential oil
- 10-20 drops orange essential oil
- Wine mica powder
- Yellow-Gold mica powder
- Wine cosmetic glitter
- Gold cosmetic glitter
- Harry Potter Lego Mini Figure
- Stainless steel bath bomb molds
- Spray bottle filled with rubbing alcohol
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 2 small bowls
- In a large mixing bowl, add the baking soda, citric acid, and cornstarch. Whisk dry ingredients together.
- Add essential oils.
- Add the coconut oil. This binds all the ingredients together, so you bath bombs don’t crumble when you touch them!
- Add the polysorbate 80. This helps the coconut oil disperse more evenly in your bath water, makes the bath bombs bubbly and prevents the mica from sticking to the side of the tub.
- Mix the ingredients together. I use my hands to break down any lumps and make sure everything is really mixed in there. The mixture is perfect when it holds together when you press it into your hands and feels like wet sand.
- Separate mixture into five bowls.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the wine mica and wine cosmetic glitter into one of the small bowls and the gold mica and gold cosmetic glitter into the other small bowl.
- Mix colors into mixture thoroughly. Add a bit more color if the mixture is too light. Continue to add a bit and mix until you get the color you want.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of your first color into a cavity of one side of the mold. Add your Lego Mini figure. Cover figure with the other color and continue until the mold is full. Press both sides of the mold together firmly, grinding together to get rid of the excess mixture.
- Tap both sides of the mold and gently release the bomb.
For more awesome Harry Potter DIY ideas, visit RufflesandRainBoots.com
More Harry Potter DIY Ideas You Might Like
- No-Fail Bath Bomb Recipes – If you’re thinking of making any bath bombs for gifts, party favors, or just for fun-times for yourself, these no-fail bath bombs are absolutely the place to start!
- DIY Sorting Hat Bookmarks -Because the sorting hat says so, you have to make a few of these bookmarks for gifts–they’re too cute not to!
- Hufflepuff Bath Bombs – Because your Harry Potter bath bombs set will not be complete without a full-on Hufflepuff bath bomb!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Harry Potter gift ideas board on Pinterest.