When you’re trying to come up with the perfect Harry Potter gift idea, look no further than these Hufflepuff bath bombs! Easy, fun, and super thoughtful, this DIY bath bomb recipe is perfect. Your Hufflepuff is definitely going to love ’em.
Hufflepuff Bath Bombs
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we clearly love our Harry Potter DIY ideas. Combine that with our love of no-fail bath bomb recipes and you’ve got a sure outcome of Harry Potter bath bombs in our future. The fact that it’s taken this long for us to get around to making Hufflepuff bath bombs is really the surprise!
But, they’re so simple and fun–they make the perfect Harry Potter gift idea. Even if it’s a gift for yourself! Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Hufflepuff ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Houses in the Harry Potter Bath Bombs Series
You guessed it! We have all of the houses represented here on Ruffles and Rain Boots. They are:
- Hufflepuff Bath Bombs – That’s this one. Such a hard worker, devoted to helping you make bath time amazing.
- Gryffindor Bath Bombs – Courageous? Yes. Easy? You bet. Fun? Oh goodness, yes!
- Slytherin Bath Bombs – Hey, snakes need love, too, and these look really cool.
- Ravenclaw Bath Bombs – It sure is smart to keep one of these housemates (and this bath bomb) on hand.
Tips to Make This Hufflepuff Gift Ideas
- After you’re done making your Hufflepuff bath bombs, allow them to dry a minimum of 24 hours. If your climate is wet or cold, allow an additional 24 hours, because they’ll be so much more fun when they’re dry.
- My general bath bomb rule of thumb is that when your Hufflepuff bath bombs are hard to the touch, they are ready for the tub!
- Store in an airtight container until you are ready for the bath–you don’t want your Hufflepuff bath bombs to get fizzy before you’re ready.
How Do I Make these Hufflepuff Bath Bombs?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making a Harry Potter DIY playlist on YouTube, here is our Hufflepuff bath bombs video tutorial.
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup citric acid
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup goats milk powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon polysorbate 80
- 10-20 drops juniper essential oil
- 10-20 drops geranium essential oil
- Black mica powder OR
- Activated Charcoal Powder
- Yellow mica powder
- Black cosmetic glitter
- Yellow cosmetic glitter
- Stainless steel bath bomb molds
- Spray bottle filled with rubbing alcohol
- 1 large mixing bowl
- 2 small bowls
- In a large mixing bowl, add the baking soda, citric acid, goats milk powder and cornstarch. Whisk dry ingredients together.
- Add the coconut oil. This binds all the ingredients together, so you bath bombs don’t crumble when you touch them!
- Add the polysorbate 80. This helps the coconut oil disperse more evenly in your bath water, makes the bath bombs bubbly and prevents the mica from sticking to the side of the tub.
- Add essential oils.
- Mix the ingredients together. I use my hands to break down any lumps and make sure everything is really mixed in there. The mixture is perfect when it holds together when you press it into your hands and feels like wet sand.
- Separate mixture into two bowls.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the black mica or activated charcoal and black cosmetic glitter into one of the small bowls and the yellow mica and yellow cosmetic glitter into the other small bowl.
- Mix colors into mixture thoroughly. Add a bit more color if the mixture is too light. Continue to add a bit and mix until you get the color you want.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of your first color into a cavity of one side of the mold. Do the same with the other color in the other mold and continue until the mold is full. Press both sides of the mold together firmly, grinding together to get rid of the excess mixture.
- Tap both sides of the mold and gently release the bomb.
For more fun Harry Potter gift ideas, visit RufflesandRainBoots.com
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
Get Bath Bomb, Shower Fizzy, and Scrub Tutorials Delivered
Sign up for the Ruffles and Rain Boots free newsletter full of exclusives and freebies!
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
More Harry Potter Gift Ideas You Might Like
- No-Fail Bath Bomb Recipes – If you’re thinking of making any bath bombs for gifts, party favors, or just for fun-times for yourself, these no-fail bath bombs are absolutely the place to start!
- DIY Harry Potter Wands – I can’t stress enough that every Harry Potter fan needs a little DIY Harry Potter wand in their life–and these are so easy, you can’t help but want to make one, or four!
- Gryffindor Bath Bombs – For those that aren’t in the Hufflepuff house, but are in the most infamous of houses, we’ve got a Hogwart’s house bath bomb for you, too!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Harry Potter gift ideas board on Pinterest.