If you’re constantly go, go, go with the holidays and need a quick craft idea, this Dollar Tree rustic snowman wreath is just the thing. It comes together quickly and all supplies can be picked up at one stop.
The minimalist design and rope accents are quick to come together. And look at the perfectly plump snowman body – it’s just two, easy to find items!
RELATED READING: DIY Cork Snowman – This is Too Cute!
What You'll Find On This Page
Rustic Dollar Tree Snowman
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are crafty folks and love to make Dollar Tree wreath ideas. If we don’t have much in the craft bin, we know we can always find some goodies at our favorite, inexpensive craft store.
We had a run of luck when we designed this rustic wreath. The snowman wreath form was next to the garland in the store, so we instantly began putting together this adorable little guy on the spot. As I am sure you can guess, we get a ton of compliments on this wreath.
If you need to stop by the dollar store for materials to make this winter DIY idea, bookmark this page to make it easy to find when you are ready to create this cute snowman wreath.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within this article.
RELATED READING: Dollar Tree Winter Wreath DIY (Snowy and Beautiful)
More Snowman Craft Ideas
If you’re wondering what to add to your decor after the Christmas decorations have come down, I’m in the same boat. Each year, I try to make at least one snowman craft idea so here are a few of my favorites.
- Minimalist Snowman Wreath – If you have a modern farmhouse style or just like the minimalist look, this is the perfect craft for you. And it takes almost no time using Dollar Tree materials.
- Snowman Mason Jar Craft – Have little ones home from school? This adorable mason jar craft idea for kids is just the thing to help spur their creativity on those cold winter days.
- Elegant Embroidery Hoop Snowman Craft – These are absolutely gorgeous and so quick to come together. I’ve had so many people share their versions of these!
Tips For Making This Snowman Wreath DIY
- Because the garland is made of an unusually stiff material, we found it has an uneven texture to it. We found it was nearly impossible to use any crafting glue to attach it to the snowman wreath form. A hot glue gun and glue sticks are good, but so are zip ties if you can find them in green.
- To keep the rope from sliding around on the hat portion of the wreath, place a drop or two of hot glue every few inches to keep it in place.
- Because the nautical rope tends to unravel when cut, we suggest adding a few drops of hot glue to the ends to keep them intact. You can also use the trick of clear nail polish, but with this thicker rope, that may not last as long.
- If you want to add a look of freshness to this craft, choose to use real pine garland rather than the faux option. If so, you may want to consider hanging this wreath on the outside of your door to keep it from drying out and getting brown so quickly.
Supplies For A Dollar Tree Snowman Wreath
Below are the supplies we used to make our wreath. Before you head to the store for materials, check your craft supply bin and Christmas stash. For information on gluing the garland to the wreath form, read the tips section above.
- Snowman wreath form
- Nautical rope
- Poinsettia flower
- Scissors or floral wire cutters
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
How To Make A Farmhouse Snowman Wreath
Each step for this craft is outlined below to make it easy to follow. Keep this page open while you create this Dollar Tree Snowman Wreath. If you would rather have a printable how-to, scroll down and select the print button.
Add a line of glue to the snowman wreath form, starting on the right side of the middle section between the head and the body.
Next, glue and press the garland on the top of the wreath form.
Repeat this process around the rest of the wreath form. When you get to the end, trim the end off. Push the piece through the wreath, and hot glue it to the backside.
Next, you will make the arms. Move to the wire arms and either eyeball the measurement or use a ruler to see how much rope you will need. Cut the pieces of rope.
Add a line of glue to the wreath. press and hold until the glue dries. Repeat for the other arm.
Add hot glue to the backside of the poinsettia flower and press firmly onto the neck area of the wreath form.
To create the hat, start by adding a line of hot glue to the top piece of that area of the wreath form and press the nautical rope on top. Wrap the rope around the back of the hat section of the wreath form and add hot glue wherever the rope meets the hat section of the wreath form.
Continue this process until the entire hat section is covered. Cut the end of the rope, wrap it around the backside of the hat, and add hot glue to secure it in place.
Hang the wreath on your front door or place it on your mantle. Enjoy!
Notes For Making A Rustic Snowman Wreath
- Although we were able to find all of our supplies for this craft at Dollar Tree, don’t feel like you have to be tied down there. If your store doesn’t have any of these items, they can easily be found at your local craft or hobby store, Dollar Store, or even a home improvement shop.
- We found that as we were handling the pine garland, it could be irritating to your hands, especially for the younger crafter. If you have a pair of small gardening gloves, put those on and you should be nice and comfortable.
- Virtually every store we have shopped at during the holidays had faux poinsettias. If you struggle to find this item, you can use a fresh flower. Just bear in mind it may wilt within a short period.
- If you find the poinsettia route a dead end, we thought it would be cute to add a bow tie or a scarf in its place. This also lends a measure of uniqueness to each of your creations, which can be important if you are sharing these as gifts with family and friends.
More Holiday Crafts You May Like
- Christmas Teacher SVG Designs: Here are several free SVG designs that you can make for mugs, totes, t-shirts, and gift card holders.
- Free Winter Gnome Printable Set: Make quick work of your winter decorating after the Christmas decor has come down.
- Dollar Tree Reindeer Yarn Wreath: You only need a half hour to make this ABSOLUTELY adorable reindeer wreath.
- Dollar Tree Wreath Ornament: Make package tags or ornaments using shower curtain rings… Trust me, they’re too cute.
Please Save or Share This Dollar Tree Winter Wreath Idea
Your shares are how this site grows and we sincerely appreciate it. Please save this to your favorite holiday craft pin board or share it with a crafty group on Facebook.