I love how easy it was to turn the kiddo’s “I’m bored” into a fun winter craft for kids with this snowman mason jar painted in a jiff!
Snowman Mason Jar
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love quick and easy crafts that the kiddo can do. Not only is it great to have a little boredom buster, but having a quick and easy craft like this mason jar snowman around makes a fantastic way for the kiddo to feel a sense of accomplishment by making a gift or a decoration for around the house.
So, of course, when the kiddo said the dreaded words “I’m bored” last week, we grabbed a paintbrush and some googley eyes for a fun and quick snowman mason jar that now proudly sits on our counter. If you’re ready to make this cute winter craft for kids, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite winter kids crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Jar Snowman
- If you want to make a jar snowman using large jars, have at it – they’ll be cool and fun. But I had a bunch of these smaller 500 ml wide mouth mason jar like these here that the kiddo and I have been using for a while now for crafting. So, to the batch of little jars we went!
- If you want to gift your mason jar snowman filled with cookies, you’ll want to give it a good coat with dishwasher-safe Mod Podge. But, if you’re just using this jar for decoration or to hold some pre-wrapped treats, definitely use the (much cheaper) standard Mod Podge.
- We used the large size googley eye from this kit we keep in the craft box. But you could use a different size, you could use pink for a girly snow-woman. Any googley eyes, really. Don’t feel constrained by the eyes we chose to use.
How Do I Make this Snowman Mason Jar?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Winter Kids Crafts You Might Like
- Gnome Popsicle Stick Puppets – I just love letting the kiddo make a craft all their own. In just a few minutes, they can have this popsicle stick gnome puppet done and ready to play!
- DIY Snow Paint – If you’re lucky enough to be enjoying snow this winter (or unlucky, depending on your point of view), make it more fun for the kids by adding a little color.
- Paper Roll Fairy House – Make a quick fairy house with this easy tutorial and the kiddo can welcome their own little fairy into their room for tea and cakes!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite crafts for kids board on Pinterest.