I wanted some nice coasters to put in my home office. And these easy braided jute coasters brought a bit of summer farmhouse charm that I just can’t help but love!
Braided Jute Coasters
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have been spending a ton of time lately in the ‘ole home office. It’s crazy busy around here and I’ve been taking my morning coffee in with me…long story, I needed a coaster or four. And because I love coastal farmhouse decor and just farmhouse decor in general, I came up with these easy braided jute coasters.
They’re simple, great at catching the condensation drips and keeping my office from becoming a landing zone for miniature helicopters (you know, with the circles of dried coffee on the desk–ewww). So, if you’re ready to make a quick rolled twine coaster set to put in your home office, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite crafts for farmhouse decor board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Easy Rolled Twine Coasters
- Use as little hot glue as you can manage. You definitely want to make sure you’re gluing everything in place, but if you have any hot glue that squeezes out through the twine, it’s going to be hard to clean up.
- Use a dark colored felt as you backing. If you use something light, it’s liable to get dirty or just look weird in the edge around the jute coaster. So, choose something that compliments the jute.
- When you’re selecting your jute twine, be sure to pick something thin and flexible. The thicker stuff is great, but for this application, having something thin is best. That way you’re not fighting it the entire time you’re working with it.
How Do I Make Braided Jute Coasters?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Easy DIY Farmhouse Decor You Might Like
- Spring Farmhouse Wreath – This wreath is super cute and absolutely customizable for every season, if you’re into having a fun grapevine wreath every season!
- Farmhouse Beads for Every Occassion – You can make farmhouse beads for every occasion, super fast, to bring a pop of color to all of your farmhouse decor.
- Farmhouse Riser Tray You Can DIY – Make a fun tray to give your farmhouse decor a little bit of height, lifting some pieces for some character and fun.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy farmhouse craft ideas board on Pinterest.