I love the super delicate flavor of this recipe for blackberry lemon cupcakes. It’s just so subtle but the perfect foil for a cup of tea or coffee.
Blackberry Lemon Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we adore making cupcakes. Whether it’s a large batch for a party at school (how I miss those days) or a teeny tiny batch just for myself and the kiddo for an afternoon snack, cupcakes are the favorite around here. And this subtly sweet lemon blackberry cupcake was this week’s sweet treat.
It’s a little unusual for me to make a cupcake with fruit in it, but I’ll tell you that this may be a new focus of mine. I kind of love fruit topped cupcakes. And every time I try a new one, I like them even more than the last. So, of course I love these delicately tasty lemon blackberry cupcakes. If you’re ready to make a sweet treat for yourself, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy cupcake recipes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Love cupcakes and want free recipes?
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
Tips to Make Lemon Blackberry Cupcakes
- If I’m going to make a larger batch of cupcakes, I like to start with my favorite Lazy Girl Cupcakes recipe. So simple, quick and I know I can’t mess it up. But I also made a ton of variations for that cupcake recipe that you might be interested in including vegan, large batch and gluten free! So, whatever cupcake you might need, I have the base.
- When you’re making these quick lemon blackberry cupcakes, you’re going to want a lemon flavoring that’s strong enough to really taste, but not bitter or overly liquidy. I have found that I prefer the super strength lemon flavoring oil like this because I can just use a couple of drops so it doesn’t make the batter any more wet than necessary.
- If you’re not necessarily comfortable with decorating cupcakes, I have a couple of really simple tricks you might like:
- Start by practicing on a piece of parchment paper or your ugliest cupcake. You can always scrape the frosting off and put it back into the piping bag.
- Don’t be afraid to try different tips, but frankly, that big star tip is kind of the best ever. It will never let you down.
- Ultimately, consistent pressure is the key to everything frosting. No matter what tip or how thick or thin your icing, consistent pressure is going to get you the best and most fun results.
How Do I Make Blackberry Lemon Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 12 of your favorite vanilla cupcakes
- 1 C unsalted butter, softened
- 3 C powdered sugar
- 2-4 tbsp Heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 large lemon, zested
- 2 C blackberry pie filling (canned)
- 1/4 C light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch kosher salt
- 1/4 C unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 C flour
- Make your cupcake batter as per the directions in your favorite recipe. If desired, add 5-10 drops of lemon flavoring oil for added lemon flavor, prior to baking.
- Place 1 tbsp of blackberry pie filling in the bottom of each cupcake tin, followed by 2-3 tbsp of batter.
- Bake cupcakes per the directions in your favorite recipe. Allow cupcakes to cool completely before decorating.
- Cream together the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, lemon juice and lemon zest until smooth and stiff peaks form.
- Pipe in a big swirl onto the cupcake in two, stacked outer rings, leaving a large area you can fill with blackberry filling.
- To make the crumble topping, add all of the crumble ingredients into a medium bowl and mix with a fork or your fingers until the ingredients are combined and crumbly.
- Place 2 tbsp of the blackberry pie filling into the middle of the frosting ring and sprinkle with the crumble before enjoying!
For more fun cupcake decorating ideas, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 469Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 77mgCarbohydrates: 57gFiber: 1gSugar: 44gProtein: 2g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
More Easy Cupcake Recipes You Might Like
- Rich Maple Bacon Cupcakes – Such a fun and unique flavor that you’re getting yourself into. Because yes, it’s that kind of experience.
- Chocolate Mousse Cupcakes – So much chocolatey goodness, just an overwhelmingly yummy flavor that you have to try out.
- Sweet Filled Cappuccino Cupcakes – Speaking of everything wonderful coming together in a fantastic confection, I strongly urge you to make this deliciousness with a cuppa.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite simple dessert recipes board on Pinterest.