I wanted to make a fun teacher gift for Christmas and this Grinch mason jar idea popped in my head. So I grabbed a jar and a paintbrush and got to work!
Grinch Mason Jar
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have a lot to be thankful for with regard to the effort our teachers have put in this year and the end of the last year. So much chaos and they don’t ever miss a beat. Teachers are pretty awesome that way. So, I was brainstorming a couple of gift ideas and this Grinch mason jar was one I made right away the minute I thought of it!
Super fast and fun, the kiddo even got into helping by making the little hat. This is perfect for filling with treats, popping in some crayons or just about anything that you want to give as a teacher appreciation gift for Christmas! If you’re ready to make a fun mason jar Grinch, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite holiday crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Mason Jar Grinch
- Although you can probably use any size jar, I used short and squatty 500 ml wide mouth mason jar like these here. You can bet that they’re big enough to hold a few treats and the perfect size for crayons or other short writing utensils. So they’ll work perfectly for that teacher gift I’m planning.
- Be sure to grab some dishwasher-safe Mod Podge or standard Mod Podge. Either is going to work just fine. It’s just that you can run the one through the dishwasher and the other not so much. So, just decide, but you need one or the other to seal your work. Especially if you plan for this Grinch painted jar to be used for anything.
- Don’t get frustrated if the face looks a little uneven or squiggly to you. It’s the Grinch, he’s supposed to be a little weird and squiggly. He wouldn’t be the Grinch if he was perfectly square and straight and all rigid. Just roll with it.
How Do I Make this Grinch Mason Jar?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Grinch Crafts You Might Like
- Grinch Wreath – This Grinch-stuck-in-a-chimney wreath is the funniest wreath I think I’ve ever made. It’s silly, fun to make, and really cute!
- Grinch Sock Gnome – You wanted it and this is it. A sock gnome. A Grinch. A Grinch sock gnome with a fun and twisty hat. Isn’t that just fun and amazing?!
- Grinch Gnome Ornament – Speaking of fun Grinch creations, how about this ornament that also happens to be a gnome?! So fun I can’t even.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Christmas crafts board on Pinterest.