Friends, the Internet is full of wow-worthy stuff, but I needed to find the best Harry Potter cake ideas I can actually pull off – you know, without a culinary arts degree. I went on the hunt and found some fun, some jaw-dropping, and doable cakes by home bakers.
What You'll Find On This Page
Harry Potter Party Cakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are big fans of the iconic Harry Potter series and I’ve shared so, so many fun ideas for parties and get togethers – from Harry Potter craft ideas to sorting hat cupcakes, Hedwig and house color hot cocoa bombs to tasty snacks like butterbeer popcorn!
Psst: one of my most popular printables are these Harry Potter movie night popcorn box printables. They stylishly hold your stash popped corn, candy, or healthier options like veggie sticks!
But today, it’s alllll about the fabulous (and fresh ideas) of Harry Potter cakes. Whether you’re whipping up a Harry Potter birthday cake or you hold a once-a-quarter Harry Potter watch party, let’s get to the goodies.
Want to Save or Share This?
Of course you do – look at these amazing Harry Potter themed cakes! :) Please consider sharing this to your favorite Facebook group for Potterheads or save it to a themed pin board so you can easily find it later.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links in this article.
Tips for Making a Homemade Harry Potter Cake
I love to bake, so making a homemade cake isn’t too big of a deal for me. That said, whew – it can be a big thing when we try a cake design made by a professional or even just put off making a simple cake until the last minute. Here are a few tips for making any of these Harry Potter cakes.
- Prep what you can ahead of time. Cakes can be baked and frozen; fondant can be rolled and cut (non-bendable pieces), and frosting can be made ahead of time.
- The tools matter. Frosting tips are inexpensive if you don’t have any on hand and honestly, I use a lot of them interchangeably. A large round, medium round, and small round are critical. But those would all be awful to try and pipe the hair! I would use the same tip I use for grass (tip #233) instead of trying to make what I had on hand work.
- Store-bought is okay. Listen, if you want to spend your time decorating a cake instead of baking it, no one can blame you and no one will even notice. Buy the cake. Heck, buy toys and throw them on top (after a good cleaning) and after a bit of frosting, you’re done!
Check Out These Harry Potter Finds
- Harry Potter Popcorn Box Printables – Two sizes of popcorn boxes for your movie-watching enjoyment (they’re so cute).
- Hedwig Hot Cocoa Bombs – These are so fun (and work with a milk, dark, or white chocolate base).
- Harry Potter Crafts – From bookmarks and clay creations, to Christmas ornaments and the most adorable mason jars EVER!
- Dragon Egg Balls – Quick: name the Harry Potter character who won a dragon egg in Hogsmeade?
Please Save or Share
This site grows with your shares and I am sincerely grateful. Please save this to a Harry Potter pin board or share to your favorite Facebook group.