May the Force be with this Darth Vader Paper roll craft. We made this fun Star Wars craft earlier this year for Star Wars day (May the 4th Be With You) and I forgot to share.
This is part of a Star Wars paper roll set we’ve been creating and it was good for all school-aged children. If you have younger fans who want to make their own, you can cut out the pieces for them.
Darth Vader Paper Roll Craft and Printable
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, our house is pretty into the Star Wars series. Both my husband and I have love Star Wars and been fans since childhood and now our daughter loves the characters and stories, as well.
This easy kid’s craft only takes a few minutes to complete but the fun lasts for hours. I’ve included both a coloring page and the printable template to make Vader, but read the tips section below for ideas on creating scenes for extended play.
Star Wars Paper Roll Crafts
As part of a Star Wars craft series for the “May the Fourth Be With You,” I created a few characters kids of all ages could make pretty quickly. Using pre-made templates, here are a few of the characters we’ve made so far.
- Princess Leia Paper Roll Printable Craft
- Han Solo Paper Roll Craftivity (also used for Luke Skywalker and Obi Wan Kenobi)
- Chewbacca Paper Roll Pattern
- Baby Yoda Craft Paper Roll Printable (Grogu)
- The Mandalorian Paper Roll Printable and Craft
- and now, there’s Darth Vader!
Let’s take a visit to the Dark Side, shall we?
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share for Later
If you’re gathering ideas, save this to a Star Wars or kid’s craft pin board or share it on Facebook. It will be easy to find when you’re ready to start crafting.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
Tips to Make Star Wars Toilet Paper Rolls
- For any character, add a lightsaber! Use a cake pop stick or wooden chopstick and a set of markers to make any color.
- Use the helmet shape to create a few stormtroopers with some white construction paper and a black marker.
- Create a scene using a cardboard box to keep the imaginative play going. Want a Tatooine world scape? A couple of suns or a few moons and you’re done.
- You can make a scene for the inside of the Death Star with a bit of gray construction paper or paint covering the inside of a box, too. Poke holes and add in some Christmas lights for a really fancy upgrade.
- UPDATE: I am getting a lot of questions about Luke like, “Why is there no Luke Skywalker paper roll character?” Friends, use Han Solo’s printable, change the color of the clothes to some neutrals, and his hair to blonde. Bam: instant Skywalker!
How to Make a Darth Vader Craft with a Paper Roll
Below is the written and printable tutorial. Be sure to download and print the free Darth Vader template before getting started.
More Star Wars Crafts
- Baby Yoda Sleep Mask – He’s so cute, I just want to squeeze those cheeks and tweak those ears. And making sleep mask? So fun.
- Princess Leia Minnie Ears – For anyone who is planning a trip to Disney or just for a kid that loves Disney, these Minnie ears are perfect for bringing Star Wars to bear.
- Han Solo and Chewbacca Mickey Ears – Speaking of fun Star Wars crafts, these Han Solo and Chewbacca Mickey ears are some of my favorite ones I’ve made!
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to a fun and crafty pin board.