A Han and Chewbacca Mickey Ears Hat is Perfect for Galaxy’s Edge
I don’t know about you, but the sun hates me. So, I’m making this awesome Han and Chewbacca Mickey ears hat for my little trip to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. And I’ve never been more excited about a hat. LOL!
Han and Chewbacca Mickey Ears Hat
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are a little bit of Star Wars fans.
Oh, that’s a ridiculous lie. We’re huge Star Wars fans–we’ve even gathered the Ultimate List of the coolest Star Wars Mickey ears ever. And it doesn’t stop there.
Nope, this little obsession of “ours” (meaning: mine) has turned to the fact that I like to wear a ball cap when I’m standing around on deck of the Disney cruise or headed out for a day of standing in line at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge. Because, let’s be clear: the sun hates me and I get sunburned ridiculously easily.
So, I turned my love of no-sew DIY Mickey ears to this awesome Han and Chewbacca Mickey ears hat! It’s literally the easiest DIY Star Wars ears for Disney you’ll find. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Star Wars ears for Disney board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make these Star Wars Ears for Disney
- It doesn’t really matter what color hat you pick. White, brown, black, those are kind of the colors I would stick with. But this no-sew DIY Mickey ears hat would look good with a blue jean hat or even tan. Make the hat your own.
- You don’t have to use the world’s most expensive hat. I got mine at the craft store on sale for something like $2. So, basically, it was the world’s cheapest hat.
- Be generous with your hot glue, but don’t go overboard and DON’T SQUEEZE. Not only will it show through the felt (just lay the felt down, it’ll stick), but then you’ll have glue squeezing out the sides. It’s ok if a little bit of that happens–wipe it up right away if you can, or clean it off later with a razor blade. But just be careful with that hot glue as it gets everywhere.
- When the hat is NOT on your head, the finished ears may seem wobbly and a little less than awesome. But once the hat is on your head and the fabric of the hat itself more taut, the ears stand up great!
How Do I Make this Han and Chewbacca Mickey Ears Hat?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you have any questions, please let me know in the comments below.
More DIY Mickey Ears You Might Like
- Ultimate List of the Coolest Star Wars Mickey Ears – One of these awesome Star Wars Mickey ears are definitely one of the headbands you’re looking for.
- The Coolest List of Mouse Ear Hats Ever – Digging the Mickey ears hats? Well, I have wrapped-up the best list of Mouse ear hats you can find.
- Preppy Cruise Mouse Ear Headband – Remember that Disney cruise we were talking about? Yeah, you’re going to need–NEED–these cute ears for that.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite DIY Mickey ears board on Pinterest.