The little ones wanted a cupcake to commemorate their new favorite ride at Disney, so we made these easy Disney Jungle Cruise cupcakes. You can use any cupcake base or flavor (I’ll share my recipe) and the frosting can be made in advance.
You will learn a couple of new skills for cupcake decorating with these, including the frosting press, tri-color frosting technique, and even when to add cereal… Hear me out – it’s amazing.
Jungle Cruise Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love Disney and during a recent visit, my daughter fell in LOVE with one of my favorite rides of all time. When we saw they were making the movie, the little one asked for a cupcake for her (new) favorite Disney ride. Who was I to argue?! Also, I think it’s pretty apparent I love cupcakes so I wasn’t about to argue, if you know what I mean…
We broke out our mixer and got to making some Disney cupcakes with a Jungle Cruise ride theme. If you’re ready to make a cupcake for your favorite Disney attraction, let’s get started. Psst: I’ve made another one for the mouse fans…
I’m sharing these safari Minnie ear cupcakes we made today here because these were SUCH a huge hit. Everyone loved them and you can even leave off the bow and add on a safari hat for a Mickey version.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy desserts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
Tips to Make Disney Cupcakes for Jungle Cruise Ride
- No matter what cupcake I’m making, I always start with my Lazy Girl cupcakes. You ca start with your favorite cupcake recipe or even a box mix.
- Let’s talk about food coloring and how to get intense frosting colors. You are not getting a deep green or dark black icing without gel food coloring like this. The liquid food coloring that might be in your junk drawer from 1998 isn’t going to work. Use the gel-based food colorants and, if you can find it, get the super black to make it easier on yourself.
- And now, the frosting. I. Love.Frosting – it’s really the reason I make so many cupcakes. You can use buttercream icing or cream cheese icing (or even canned frosting – just whip it first). But for this recipe, I had to make a homemade buttercream because it’s my favorite and it can be made stiff or fluffy.
How Do I Make Jungle Cruise Cupcakes?
Below is the written and printable tutorial. If you have any questions, please let me know by using the comments section below.
Tip: Prepare In Advance
So much of this can be made in advance, so don't think of this as an all-day affair. The base frosting can be made and colored in advance. Doing so will also allow the colors to settle (just mix before piping).
Additionally, the cupcakes can be made in advance. You can make them and even freeze them, just be sure they're at room temperature all the way through before piping anything onto them.
More Disney Cupcakes You Might Like
- Princess Anna Mickey Ear Cupcakes - You are not going to find a more fun and simple way to make an Anna dress cupcake for your kiddo's party!
- Princess Belle Cupcakes - I adore Beauty and the Beast, so much so that this cupcake is literally my go-to if I want to make a cupcake for myself.
- Dinglehopper Cupcakes - These cupcakes have a little bit of everything--literally even a dinglehopper. You're going to love making and snacking on these fun confections!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy cupcake recipes board on Pinterest.