The kiddo wanted a cupcake to commemorate her favorite ride at Disney, so we made these fun Disney Jungle Cruise cupcakes! Super simple and cool!
Jungle Cruise Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are all about Disney. It’s just our thing and although we can’t go right now, we’ve still got Disney in our hearts. So, when the kiddo asked for a cupcake for her favorite Disney ride, well, who was I to argue?! Also, I love cupcakes, so I wasn’t about to argue, if you know what I mean…
So, we broke out our mixer and got to making some Disney cupcakes with a Jungle Cruise ride theme. If you’re ready to make a cupcake for your favorite Disney attraction, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy desserts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Love cupcakes and want free recipes?
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
Tips to Make Disney Cupcakes for Jungle Cruise Ride
- No matter what cupcake I’m making, I always start with my Lazy Girl cupcakes. But you go with your gut and make your favorite cupcake–I mean, lazy means easy, if you don’t have a favorite, but I want you to enjoy your cupcakes…
- Now it’s time to talk about food coloring and getting these intense colors. You are not getting a deep green or dark black icing without gel food coloring like this. Seriously, that food coloring that you keep in your spice cabinet from 1940, just ignore it and grab some gel-based because you’re not making these colors without it.
- Annnnd…the icing. You can use buttercream icing or cream cheese icing–and I throw absolutely no shade on the canned icing (I use it sometimes–there’s always at least one can of it in the pantry for cupcake “emergencies”). But for this recipe, I had to do a homemade buttercream. I mean, it’s my favorite and you can make it as thin or as thick as you want in just a minute. I love it.
How Do I Make Jungle Cruise Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 12 Vanilla Cupcakes
- 2 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 5 C powder sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 8 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 3 C crushed Captain Crunch Cereal
- Kelly Green, Chocolate Brown, Black gel food coloring
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Make the vanilla cupcake batter (use the Lazy Girl’s vanilla cupcakes or even a boxed cake mix).
- Divide the batter evenly between the 3 bowls. Mix in a few drops of each color into 1 bowl each and mix until combined
- Scoop 1 tbsp of each color into the cupcake liners in layers. Use a knife and swirl the colors slightly
- Bake in the oven for about 18-20 minutes. Remove the cupcakes and allow to cool fully before frosting.
- Using a stand mixer, combine the butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream and mix on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- Scoop 1 ½ C of frosting into a medium bowl and set aside
- Using the remaining frosting, divide the frosting evenly between 3 bowls and mix in one of the colors into each of the bowls.
- Mix 2 cups of the crushed Captain Crunch cereal into the remaining bowl with the 1 1/2 cups of the white frosting we set aside.
- Using the ice cream scooper, scoop dollops of frosting onto the cooled cupcakes. Place the piping bag into a large glass and fold the sides over.
- To prepare the camouflage frosting, scoop the black frosting onto one side of the piping bag. Scoop the green frosting onto another side, and scoop the brown frosting onto the remaining side.
- Pipe a dollop on to the top of the cereal frosting, using your hand to swirl it slightly while lifting up.
For more fun Disney cupcake recipes, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 963Total Fat: 48gSaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 149mgSodium: 517mgCarbohydrates: 134gFiber: 0gSugar: 120gProtein: 3g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Disney Cupcakes You Might Like
- Princess Anna Mickey Ear Cupcakes – You are not going to find a more fun and simple way to make an Anna dress cupcake for your kiddo’s party!
- Princess Belle Cupcakes – I adore Beauty and the Beast, so much so that this cupcake is literally my go-to if I want to make a cupcake for myself.
- Dinglehopper Cupcakes – These cupcakes have a little bit of everything–literally even a dinglehopper. You’re going to love making and snacking on these fun confections!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy cupcake recipes board on Pinterest.