Who needs a new wreath for their front door? This Wood Slice Wreath is such a fun and affordable craft!
If you’re a fan of wreaths like me, don’t miss out on this Spring Farmhouse Wreath as well!
Wood Slice Wreath
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I just love all things summer, spring, fall, and winter. And what this means is that when I can make a wreath for every doggone season of the year, you best believe that I’m going to make that happen every single time. This simple summer wreath craft is unique and certain to be the perfect focal point for your front door.
This wood slice wreath is a lot of fun to use for a rustic look or to bring in some of the summer sunshine right into your house.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
Busy? I get it. I’d love it if you can pin this to your favorite craft board on Pinterest for later, that would be awesome!
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips For Creating This Wood Round Wreath
- Be certain to check out the dollar store affordable craft supplies. This wreath doesn’t have to be expensive at all! But, if you can’t find wood rounds at the dollar store, you can find some quality wood rounds here.
- If you’re not a fan of sunflowers, use whatever type of flowers float your fancy! It’s all interchangeable to your liking. I think I can replace the sunflowers on mine with poinsettias, with a little gentle removal of my sunflowers.
- If you have a metal door, check out these epic magnetic wreath holders. I wish I had a metal door so I could use these – so awesome. You can put them on the door and then take them off with no marks no fuss. I love it.
Ready to learn how to make this wood round craft?
It’s so fast and simple to do!
- 18 inch wire wreath
- bunch of artificial sunflowers/flowers
- fern, can be optional
- Wood Slices
- Hot Glue Gun/ Glue sticks
- Turn over the wire wreath to use the back. The center and outer wire should be flat.
- Put hot glue on the inner and the second wires. Be quick because it dries fast. Put the wood slice on top of the glue and press down.
- Leave a few inches between the slices of wood. Complete this ALMOST around the entire circle.
- Add a bit of hot glue to each wood slice and then put the other slices on top to make it look layered.
- Where there is a space of no slices, add in the flowers and fern.
- Put a bit of glue on the wood and press the flowers down firmly.
For more fun wood slice crafts, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. For a full policy on partner links, visit our policy page.
Even More Awesome Wood Craft Ideas
- This Wood Round Tiered Tray is a Unique DIY Farmhouse Tiered Tray – This would be awesome for a rustic wedding or even a unique serving platter.
- Make This Cute DIY Spring Book Stack from a Dollar Tree Wood Crate – Dollar tree crafts are the best and make some of the cutest home decor ideas.
- Cute Woodland Animal Wood Slice Ornaments – Literally the cutest DIY Christmas idea, ever!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Every time you save this to Pinterest, you’re supporting my site and content. This is such a wonderful way to help me grow! Thank you!