These fun woodland animal wood slice ornaments are the most fun way to bring a bit of farmhouse style to your Christmas tree!
Woodland Animal Wood Slice Ornaments
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love a good Christmas tree – I have several I put up every year. That means I need a lot of ornaments and I, frankly, love making ornaments. So, I decided it was time to break out some glitter vinyl (this may be the first time I have used it) and get crafty!
I made these little woodland animal wood slice ornaments and I couldn’t be happier. They’re simple, fun and came together really fast. If you’re ready to make a few cute woodland animal wood slice ornaments, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite holiday crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Wood Round Ornaments
- Grab the woodland animal SVG cut file set here. You can use any cutting machine, Cricut or Silhouette or any other brand, with these cut files – and any material.
- I love making ornaments with wood rounds like these. They’re simple, easy and really adds a bit of farmhouse charm. But also, they wear well. That’s important to me because I don’t want an ornament that I worked hard on to fall apart before Christmas even gets here – I’d like to use it next year, even!
- As you can tell, I used glitter vinyl for this particular set of ornaments, but you can use any kind of material. I wanted the glitter just, really to try it out. I haven’t used a lot of glitter vinyl, but I kind of want more of it in my life – it’s really fun. There’s no flake-off, which is what has caused me some hesitancy initially, but once that was out of the way, I know I’ll be making more glitter vinyl projects, for sure.
How Do I Make this Woodland Animal Wood Slice Ornaments Cricut Craft?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 3 Birch wood slices
- White Acrylic
- Glitter Vinyl in black and blue
- Woodland Animal SVG Cut File
- Decorative glitter ribbon, 1/4” wide
- Cricut Joy
- Cricut Joy Standard Grip Mat
- Cricut transfer tape
- Paint the center of the wood slices on one side, all the way to about 1/4-inch from the edge. Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Download the woodland animal SVG File then upload it into Cricut Design Space.
- Highlight the image, then click on “Ungroup” in the lower left toolbar to separate the elements, adjusting the sizes to fit your wood slices, if necessary.
- Highlight the owl element and click on “Attach” in the lower left toolbar.
- Duplicate the elements if you want them on both sides of the wood slice.
- Set your machine to Cricut Joy and select “Make It”. Choose “With Mat” as the option if using regular Cricut Vinyl (not Smart Vinyl) and material type to Glitter Vinyl.
- Load the mat into the machine and cut the Glitter Vinyl, then unload when prompted.
- With scissors, cut around each element then peel away the excess vinyl with your weeding tool and discard.
- With a piece of transfer tape a bit larger than the element you're working with, peel back the backing and place the transfer tape on top of the element. Rub the vinyl element get it to stick to the transfer tape, then peel back the backing from the vinyl, leaving the vinyl cut element on the transfer tape. Place the vinyl element on the wood slice and rub the vinyl to get it to stick to the wood slice. Then just peel back the transfer tape.
- Repeat putting the vinyl elements onto the other wood slices. For the owl ornament, I recommend that you place the body of the owl on to the wood slice first, then put the scarf piece over top.
- Finish your ornaments by cutting three pieces of ribbon about 9-inches long each. Thread the end of the ribbon through the a hole on the top of a wood slice and tie the two ribbon ends together to make a hanger.
For more fun Cricut Christmas crafts, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
More Cricut Ornaments You Might Like
- Disney SVG Ornament Collection – All the best cut files for making a ton of your favorite characters into Christmas ornaments!
- Hot Cocoa Mug Felt Ornament – You can’t help but love this adorable mug ornament that you can cut on the Cricut!
- Wood Round Farmhouse Ornaments – Want more wood round ornaments? I have more adorable and easy-peasy Cricut wood round ornaments right here!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Cricut crafts board on Pinterest.