While knee-deep in yarn, I found a skein that I had to use. I made this delightfully elegant gnome wreath in about 30 minutes. It was such a fast craft, I just had to share!
What You'll Find On This Page
Elegant Gnome Wreath
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have waaaaay too many craft supplies. Seriously, I could probably sell half of it and still fill a room–and never run out of inspiration. Which is exactly what happened to inspire me to make this elegant gnome wreath.
No, I wasn’t selling my craft supplies (don’t get excited there, Susan), but I was trying to organize my yarn and I saw this skein of pretty grey alpaca wool that I didn’t use up on my last project. Well, the rest is history, because now I have this elegant gnome wreath on my door and a trio of gnomes to greet me!
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don’t want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
If you’re ready to grab some yarn and start wrapping, let’s get started.
DIY Christmas Gnome Tutorials
If you’re looking for the best DIY Christmas gnome tutorials, you have come to the right place. Check out all of my favorite tomte tutorials for the holidays!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite farmhouse Christmas crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make a Christmas gnome Wreath
- Wrapping the yarn around the wreath form is super easy–but you may not cover every tiny bit the first time. It’s ok. That happens. Just wrap it a second time and that will cover every gap, I promise.
- Definitely use a round foam wreath form, like this one. If you use a wire one, you’ll have all sorts of shape issues–and don’t even try a square-edged foam wreath form. You will not be happy with it. Get a round one. You’ll love it.
- Click here to get the free printable pattern for the gnomes. You could probably figure out how to make them just by looking at the photo, but really, why bother when you can
- If you’re wanting to make this fun Christmas gnome wreath look exactly like mine, you’ll need dark yarn to wrap around the wreath form. I used this super soft alpaca yarn I found. I had it for another project but didn’t use the whole skein, which is what inspired me to make this elegant gnome wreath.
How Do I Make this Elegant Gnome Wreath?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. Our full video tutorial can be found on YouTube – are you subscribed yet?
More Gnome Christmas Crafts You Might Like
- Christmas Gnome Ornaments – Easily our most popular gnome, these little ornaments are so fast and fun, you’ll want to make a million!
- Gnome Christmas Mason Jars – They make a really cute gift all for themselves, but if you stuff them with a gift or a brownie mix…mmmmm….even better.
- Scandinavian Christmas Gnomes – If the name of the game is gnomes, these Christmas Scandinavian gnomes are going to bring that farmhouse decor up to a new level.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite farmhouse Christmas crafts board on Pinterest.