This Easy Valentines Dollar Tree Gnome with a Twisty Hat is SO FUN!
Sometimes, it’s fun to make a craft that you know is inexpensive but really stunning and this Valentines Dollar Tree gnome is exactly that!
Valentines Dollar Tree Gnome
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have nothing to hide about this obsession with gnomes. It’s gotten to be such a big thing, I try to make at least one gnome a week, if not two or more. For gifts, for decor, or just for the therapy of creating, it’s one of my favorite ways to decompress. And challenging myself to make a themed gnome using only Dollar Tree materials?! That’s a fun way I’ve come up with to mix-up my normal gnome pattern planning activities.
RELATED READING: THE BEST VALENTINES DAY GNOMES
This week’s fun challenge was making a Valentines Dollar Tree gnome. It’s super fast, taking only about 15 minutes to make, and definitely adorable. I love twisted-hat gnomes and this one is so fun to make. If you’re ready to get your Dollar Tree Valentines gnome made, let’s get started.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don’t want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Dollar Tree crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Dollar Tree Gnome with a Twisty Hat
- Finding faux fur at the dollar store is kind of a tough thing sometimes, depending on stock. Which I have a notoriously understocked store, so I have to get creative. I’ve used mop heads, fluffy pillows and, now, a tiny teddy bear. I know! Horrible for the teddy bear, but the gnome just really needed a beard, so sacrifices had to be made.
- The trick to the twist in this hat: we’re not going to cut the sock off. I haven’t seen anyone else doing this, so I hope it’s as fun to you as it seems to me. Because this is, in a word: FUN! So, don’t knot the sock when you’re stuffing it – ready through the instructions and check out what makes this easy Valentine no-sew gnome so special.
- Let’s talk about variations on this Dollar Tree gnome with a twisty hat., because there’s SO MUCH potential. I see the supplies for this easy gnome in pretty much every holiday decor line that Dollar Tree puts on the shelf – even in my poorly-stocked store. So, think about making your hat removable (don’t hot glue it down) so you can swap it out, or plan on making more of these gnomes for each holiday!
How Do I Make this Valentines Dollar Tree Gnome?
Below is the written and printable tutorial. If you are a visual learner or are making a DIY gnome playlist, watch the full Dollar Tree Valentine’s Day gnome tutorial here.
More Valentines Gnomes You Might Like
- Easy No-Sew Valentines Gnomes – Such a cute couple that has a very easy no-sew pattern to make these cuties just in time for the day of love!
- Valentines Wood Block Gnomes – If you’ve ever wanted a SUPER quick gnome that has an adorable hat twisted into a heart shape – this is that fast wood gnome craft!
- Twisted Heart Hat Gnome Couple – The most epic sock gnome couple you can make. Just grab a couple of socks and get twisty!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Valentines crafts board on Pinterest.