Almost too good to be true–but it so is! I made this fun and FAST dollar store bat gnome in just 10 minutes. And he’s just so cute, I can’t help but squee.
Dollar Store Bat Gnome
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are all about getting creative when it comes to making gnomes. One of the ways I like to stay creative is by giving myself the occasional challenge. And this time? Make a halloween gnome in 10 minutes or less from dollar store items ONLY. Um…I felt like maybe this was too much to expect. But I totally pulled it off with this awesome dollar store bat gnome!
He’s one of the most fun little halloween tomte that I’ve made in a long time–and definitely one of the quickest. The best part? He was so super cheap, I’m pretty sure I could make a million of these and never break the bank! (Ok. maybe not a million, but SERIOUSLY!) If you’re ready to make a fun 10 minute gnome for halloween, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite halloween crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don't want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a 10 Minute Gnome
- To make a gnome as quick as you like, start by grabbing all of your supplies and having them at the ready, including all of your tools. I waste so much time when I don’t get myself prepared before I start cutting.
- Let’s talk gnome beards… typically, I use faux fur. But there’s not a whole lot of faux fur options out at the Dollar Tree right now. Maybe around the holidays, if we’re lucky this year. But, with that being said, you can just get creative! I grabbed a furry pillow that had a beard-ish texture, so that I could stay within the parameters of using only things I got at the dollar store. So, look around, grab whatever looks like it might make a beard–even a fluffy sock, a mop–or dusters!
- As I like to do, I made this little vampire gnome a completely no-sew pattern by relying on hot glue to make all the hems. But if you wanted, you could certainly use a sewing machine. So, if you prefer that, feel free, it’s your gnome. No big deal either way–it’s super simple!
How Do I Make this Dollar Store Bat Gnome?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you are a visual learner, follow along with the Dollar Store Bat Gnome video tutorial here.
More Dollar Store Gnome Crafts You Might Like
- Dollar Store Sock Gnome with a Mop Beard – Alright, this was my first gnome made with solely dollar store materials (Dollar Tree, but I mean, you can reasonably find everything at any dollar store, I think) and I love him–he’s so perfect!
- Dollar Store Gnome Wreath – This giant gnome face wreath is SO CUTE I love it so much and can’t wait for the holidays to put it out again this year.
- Dollar Store Duster Wreath – Ok. There’s not a gnome on it YET. But that’s a big Y-E-T because it would be so easy to pop a little gnome or gnomette on this wreath.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite dollar store crafts board on Pinterest.