When you’ve been struck by inspiration, sometimes breaking out the wood to make Valentines wood block gnomes is the only option!
Valentines Wood Block Gnomes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love making gnomes. And having an upcoming holiday is a fantastic excuse to make more tomten for myself or for gifts. Seriously, I’ll take any excuse. So, when I saw some wood just LAYING there in the workshop floor, well, I had just the excuse to get crafty – Valentines!
With a couple of cuts and some hot glue gun action, I had a fun and easy Valentine wood block gnome craft that I seriously love. If you’re ready to make a wood gnome set for Valentines, let’s get started.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don’t want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Valentines crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Easy Wooden Gnomes
- I used a 2×4 to make this wood block for the gnomes. But you could certainly use a thinner wood. I simply selected the thicker wood to ensure I’d have a solid base that wouldn’t fall over.
- To make the noses, you could use wood beads. I didn’t have the right size on hand, so I just used some polymer clay to make a round bead. But wood beads like these would look perfect.
- If you decide to cut the wood yourself for these DIY Valentines gnomes, you should measure from the center of the wood. Otherwise the whole gnome will look off-center and wonky.
- Decorating with Valentine Scandinavian gnomes is really easy. Just place your wood block Valentines gnomes on your mantle, in a tiered tray or on a bookshelf with your other Valentines decorations. They add a touch of whimsy you’re really going to love.
How Do I Make this Valentines Wood Block Gnomes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Wood Gnomes You Might Like
- Wood Nesting Gnomes – I love how easy and fun it is to make this wood nesting gnome set – I have made one for myself and one for a gift set and they both were so FUN!
- DIY Wood Block Gnomes – My original wood block gnomes were the first to hit the scene and they’re still one of my favorite wood gnome crafts I’ve ever made!
- Nordic Wood Gnomes – Just a piece of wood and some felt gets you an easy and fun craf that brings some Nordic charm to your farmhouse decor.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy Valentines crafts board on Pinterest.