When my little one asked (again) for a Little Mermaid party, I decided to add a little twist and make these Ursula cupcakes (that would be perfect for a Disney Villains party…just sayin’).
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are all about little parties to celebrate our favorite Disney films. And, with every good party, there’s party supplies and epic party food. If your birthday girl is looking for a Descendants party or a Little Mermaid party, then look no further.
Because these Ursula cupcakes are the pentacle of tentacle-fun on a tiny cake. Oh, I just couldn’t help myself. LOL!
If you’re ready to make a cupcake for the villain in your favorite of Disney movies, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite the Little Mermaid party ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make this Little Mermaid food
- I always start with my Lazy Girl cupcakes. It’s important to have a cupcake recipe you just love and can rely on. I like these because I’m guaranteed a fantastic cupcake every time–as long as I do exactly what the recipe says.
- Always wait until the cupcakes have cooled completely before you try to frost the cupcakes. Warm cake is tasty. But melted icing is sucky. So, eat a cupcake and wait for the rest to cool before you ice them.
- You can absolutely buy your marshmallow fondant–I do this sometimes. But, when I don’t have any and I don’t want to hit the store (sometimes I just don’t want to go out again for the day), I make my own with this easy recipe for homemade marshmallow fondant I found.
How Do I Make this Disney Villains Cupcake?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 6 of your favorite vanilla cupcakes
- 1 can of your favorite vanilla frosting
- 4 cups marshmallow fondant or white modeling chocolate
- Black GEL food coloring
- Purple GEL food coloring
- Black sugar sprinkles
- Cool cupcakes completely before decorating.
- Break marshmallow fondant in half.
- Work 15-20 drops of black GEL food coloring into ½ of the marshmallow fondant.
- Work 8-10 drops of purple and 4-5 drops of black GEL food coloring into the other half.
- Break each color fondant into 48 pieces (yes, you read that right).
- Roll each piece of fondant into a thin cylinder with one pointed end.
- Pair each purple cylinder with a black cylinder.
- Roll each paired set together gently to mush them together, but not blend them.
- Place tentacles in refrigerator until you’re ready for them.
- With your largest decorating tip, press into the top of the cupcake off-center, creating a well. Save hole tops.
- Place 1 tablespoon of the black sprinkles inside the well in the cupcake.
- Replace hole top on each cupcake.
- Divide ¼ of the frosting into a separate bowl.
- Mix 8-10 drops of black GEL food coloring into this small portion of your vanilla frosting, stirring until the color is consistent.
- With the remaining frosting, mix 8-10 drops of purple GEL food coloring, stirring until the color is consistent.
- Place star tip in piping bag.
- Smear the black frosting around all edges of the piping bag.
- Fill the piping bag with the purple frosting.
- Frost each cupcake in a swirl, turning the piping bag as you pipe.
- Place 8 tentacles on the side of each cupcake, dangling off and hanging over and doing anything tentacles do.
You'll also want:
- Wax paper (just to set your marshmallow fondant on)
- Star decorating tip and bag
For more fun Disney party ideas, visit RufflesandRainBoots.com
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 73mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 0gSugar: 34gProtein: 1g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Disney princess food ideas You Might Like
- Mermaid Popcorn Recipes – No mermaid party will be complete without a popcorn treat right there alongside the cupcakes.
- Ariel Bath Bombs – For fun party favors at a mermaid themed party, you should definitely pass out bath bombs. Best way to get the kids clean after a party!
- Little Mermaid Cupcakes – Want some cupcakes to compete for awesomeness with these Ursula cupcakes? Then I have the mermaid cupcakes for you!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite mermaid birthday party ideas board on Pinterest.