This unicorn sugar scrub is colorful, fragrant, pampering, and the easy exfoliant your skin needs. And look at it – it makes an amazing gift, too! Let’s grab a few ingredients from the kitchen and get started.
Unicorn Sugar Scrub Recipe
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, unicorns are ALL the rage in our house and with my daughter’s friends. I decided to let the adults get in on the fun and make some rainbow unicorn sugar scrub. Maybe I’ll throw a little mini unicorn party for the adults, because, why not?!
I love making body scrub recipes and you can find all of them here. These are easy to make – so easy the kids can even make them for friends, moms and caregivers, or just anyone who needs a little pampering.
This recipe is so simple and quick to come together. We’re going to combine a little white sugar, coconut oil, and a few drops of “magic” to leave your skin feeling soft and silky smooth.
If you’re ready to make your own unicorn body scrub, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
Gathering supplies or ideas? Pin this to your favorite DIY bath recipes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
Tips to Make Unicorn Sugar Scrub
- Don’t feel like you’re stuck with pastel colors. Make your unicorn sugar scrub as intense or as pale of a color set as you like BUT only use soap or mica colorants. NOT food coloring.
- Why don’t we use food coloring? Because it will likely stain your bathtub, hands, and skin. Avoid all that and use soap colorant.
- Please use warmed coconut oil (doesn’t have to be melted), but using the hard, cold oil is frustrating work.
- If you’d like to use a different fragrance oil other than bubble gum, I recommend cotton candy. Either one will go with the rainbow sugar scrub.
- Can you use your favorite essential oils instead of the fragrance oil? Of course!
- Use 4 small bowls. It is easier to start by splitting the ingredients as you go than making this sugar scrub recipe in a big batch.
How Do I Make this Unicorn Body Scrub?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial and if you have any questions, please let me know in the comments below.
- 4 cups white granulated sugar
- 2-3 drops of Argan oil (per cup of sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon of bubblegum scented oil (per cup of sugar)
- 3/4 cup coconut oil
- Yellow, purple, teal and pink soap coloring
- Yellow, purple, teal and pink cosmetic glitter
- Small (8 ounce) mason jars with lids
- 4 bowls
- 4 spoons
- Printable Gift Tag
- Place 1 cup of sugar in each fo the four bowls.
- Combine the argan oil and bubblegum scented oil in equal amounts in each of the four bowls.
- Stir each bowl until the oils are completely absorbed by the sugar.
- Add 3 tablespoons of coconut oil to each bowl.
- Add 1-2 drops of one color and corresponding cosmetic glitter to each bowl. Mix well. If the color is too light, add 1 drop at a time until the color you desire is achieved.
- Layer an even amount of each color into each of the mason jars.
- Print the gift tags, cut them out and put them on the lids of the mason jars. Add ribbon ties if gifting.
For more fun DIY unicorn crafts and ideas, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
Get Bath Bomb, Shower Fizzy, and Scrub Tutorials Delivered
Sign up for the Ruffles and Rain Boots free newsletter full of exclusives and freebies!
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
More Unicorn DIY Bath Ideas You Might Like
- Unicorn Horn Bath Bombs – If you’ve got a unicorn-lover who also loves baths, this Lush-inspired unicorn horn bath bomb will rock their world!
- Rainbow Bath Bombs – There’s nothing cooler than a bath bomb made in rainbows–and this is an easy recipe for just that!
- Unicorn Poop Bath Bombs – It’s pastel. It’s poop. It’s a rainbow. What could possibly be more fun?!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite DIY bath ideas board on Pinterest.