For little kids with big eyes and super big hearts, I made these delicious Grinch rice krispies treats and their Grinch movie night just went off the charts.
And, if it weren’t for those cute kiddos, I’m not sure I would have even though of it!
Grinch Rice Krispies
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have a soft spot in our heart for the Grinch. He’s just such a lovable, hug-able guy. I mean, not really, but he ends-up being…our relationship status is #complicated.
And though we love a good Grinch cinnamon roll for breakfast, the other day the kids were watching The Grinch in the afternoon and asked for a snack.
How could I resist those sweet little eyes asking for a snack?! So, I made these amazing Grinch rice krispie treats. They’re flat-out so adorable that I can’t wait to make them again. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Christmas dessert idea board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make this Christmas Dessert Idea
- Don’t skimp on the wax paper. Seriously, if you want to be able to get your Grinch rice krispies out of the pan nicely, wax paper is the way to go.
- This recipe doubles really well. If you have a Christmas party, you can absolutely make as many Grinch rice krispies as you want.
- For a darker green, add more food coloring–for a lighter, more neon green, ad a couple of drops of yellow food coloring. I find that GEL food coloring does more vibrant colors than typical water-based food colorings.
How Do I Make these Grinch Rice Krispies?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making a Christmas dessert ideas playlist on YouTube, here is our Grinch rice krispies video tutorial.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Grinch Food and Craft Ideas You Might Like
- Grinch Cinnamon Rolls – Start your Grinchy day off right with some fun cinnamon rolls that the kids will literally squeal over!
- DIY Grinch Ornament – A fun craft that the kids can help you make–this is the perfect party activity, if you’ve got some older kids interested in playing along.
- Grinch Shower Fizzies – For a whole immersive experience, you can do a fun Grinch-tastic shower!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Grinch food ideas board on Pinterest.