These unicorn horn bath bombs are super simple to make and are perfect for unicorn lovers. You won’t believe how gold these are, so let’s get started with this fun DIY bath bomb recipe.
Unicorn Horn Bath Bombs
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I’m always on the hunt for something – anything – unicorn. So when I came across a mold for these Unicorn Horn Bath Bombs, it just made sense to whip up a batch. While a lot of unicorn crafts tend to lean towards the younger audience, these bath bombs are actually something that the older kids can make and use as well!
Every teen (and adult) would love relaxing in a nice warm bath with their very own Unicorn horn bath bomb, so let’s get started.
No Time to Make These Unicorn Bath Fizzies Now?
While I’m certain you wish you could make this right now, just pin it for later so you can come back to it.
Get Bath Bomb, Shower Fizzy, and Scrub Tutorials Delivered
Sign up for the Ruffles and Rain Boots free newsletter full of exclusives and freebies!
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
As an Amazon associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases. See our full disclosure policy.
Simple Tips For Creating This DIY Unicorn Gift Idea
Trust me on this one, you’re going to love these. I’ve already made these a time or two, so here are a few helpful tips for you. You’ll knock it out of the park on the first try.
- When it’s time to add the mixture to the mold, really mush and push it in there. Use those muscles.
- If the directions say to allow the molds to dry for 48 hours, that means 48 hours (not 24…or 26…0r even 30). These need to be solid and dry on the inside because we want to avoid crumbling while maximizing the bubbles!
How To Make This Rainbow Unicorn Bath Bomb
This unicorn craft is really, really simple – don’t be scared off by the list of supplies. The results are nothing short of magic. If you’re making a DIY Unicorn Crafts playlist on YouTube, here is our Unicorn Horn Bath Bombs video tutorial.
Click on the Links
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 cup citric acid (I buy in bulk here on Amazon)
- 1/2 cup white bentonite or kaolin clay
- 2 tablespoons. Polysorbate 80 - helps distribute the coconut oil evenly throughout the bath bombs and also stops the color from sticking to things - like your tub!
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of your choice of scent. (I picked the Bubblegum scented oil from Amazon)
- 3-4 tablespoons (divided) gold mica powder
- 1-2 tablespoons gold cosmetic glitter
- Unicorn Horn Mold (You'll never guess what we used)
- Spray bottle of rubbing alcohol
- 1 large mixing bowl
- Grab a large mixing bowl and add in the following ingredients: baking soda, citric acid, and clay.
- Next, add in the next two ingredients of coconut oil and polysorbate 80 (if using) and incorporate before adding the scented oil (we used bubblegum).
- Finally, add the gold mica powder and body glitter to the bowl. NOTE: Save at least 2 tablespoons of the gold mica for a future step.
- Mix ingredients together until it is the texture and feel of wet sand. It should hold together and form more when squeezed together by your hand.
- In each of the molds, spoon in your mixture and press down firmly. Allow this to sit and dry at least 48 hours or until completely dry. If you don’t let it dry completely, it will break when you try to take the horns our of the mold.
- When ready to remove from the molds, place a large plate or cutting board over the mold and gently turn it over. CAREFULLY tap each horn with a spoon and allow each mold to slide onto the plate or cutting board.
- Next, dip the pad of your index finger into the gold mica and gently rub over the entire surface of the horn. Allow mica to dry for at least an hour before touching.
- Store in an airtight container until ready to use. Drop one in the bath when ready needed! These unicorn horn bath bombs smell AMAZING and you're certain to love them!
For more fun DIY bath and beauty projects, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots.com
More Amazing Unicorn Crafts You Might Love
- DIY Unicorn Hug Bookmark with Free Printable
- Free Printable Unicorn Party Game
- Unicorn Rock Painting Ideas; The Best of the Internet
Want More Fun Crafts Delivered Right to You?
Need creativity delivered? Sign up to the Ruffles and Rain Boots once-weekly newsletter. No spam, no selling, just really fun crafts. :)
Please Save or Share This
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Please consider saving this to your favorite DIY unicorn crafts board on Pinterest or sharing it to Facebook so your Grandmother can ooh and ahh over your crafty aspirations. :)