This unicorn poop bath bomb recipe is not only hilarious, but it smells great, too. It’s perfect for a fun LUSH-inspired DIY craft or silly gift, so let’s get started with this easy homemade bath bomb recipe.
Unicorn Poop Bath Bomb
It’s no surprise that we love anything unicorn…and these Unicorn Poop Bath Bombs seriously make my day. First off, they’re actually really cute (ya know, for poop…) and secondly, it’s just something fun and useful to make with the kiddos.
I mean, C’mon! Who would turn down a chance to make unicorn poop? I literally can’t say no when my kids ask to make this. I. Just. Can’t.
No Time to Make This Unicorn Craft? Pin It for Later!
Life is busy, girl, I get it. Pin this awesome unicorn craft and make it when you have time.
Get Bath Bomb, Shower Fizzy, and Scrub Tutorials Delivered
Sign up for the Ruffles and Rain Boots free newsletter full of exclusives and freebies!
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
Tips For Making This DIY Unicorn Gift Idea
Like I mentioned earlier, we’re no strangers to unicorn poop. A few things that we’ve learned along the way?
- These Unicorn Molds MUST harden overnight (no one wants crumbly unicorn poop).
- The more colored layers you add, the more fragile these bath bombs become unless packed well. If your mix is on the dry side, spritz the previous layer with alcohol before adding the next.
- It’s fun to tell people that you took a relaxing bath with unicorn poop!
How To Make This Rainbow Unicorn Bath Bomb
Get ready to be “wowed” because this DIY bath bomb recipe is so simple. All you need are a few simple ingredients and my step by step instructions found below! If you’re creating a DIY bath and beauty playlist on YouTube, here is our unicorn poop bath bomb video tutorial.
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid (better to buy in bulk on Amazon here)
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp. Polysorbate 80 (helps to distribute color and oils) - get it here
- 3 tbsp. coconut oil
- Esesntial oils (we used geranium and rose, 10 drops each)
- Yellow, green, blue, pink and purple mica powder ( I used them from this set on Amazon)
- optional, white or silver cosmetic glitter
- Spray bottle of rubbing alcohol
- Unicorn Poop Mold (I got this one from Amazon)
- large bowl
- small bowls (for color mixing)
- In a large mixing bowl, add baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch, solid coconut oil and polysorbate 80.
- Add the essential oils.
- Mix ingredients together and Use witch hazel or rubbing alcohol to moisten th e mix. until it is the texture of wet sand and holds together when pressed in your hand. Separate evenly into 5 smaller bowls.
- Separately, add yellow, green, blue, pink and purple mica into the 5 smaller bowls and mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle glitter into each cavity of the mold.
- In each cavity of the mold, add your first color and press firmly into mold. Repeat with the next 3 colors. By the time you get to the last color, you may need to spray the mixture with a bit of alcohol to moisten it. Press firmly.
- Leave molds overnight to harden.
- Place a large plate or cutting board over the mold and flip it over. Allow each unicorn poop bath bomb to slide out.
- Store in an airtight container for gifting and use and your unicorn bath bombs are all done!
For more unicorn crafts, please visit Ruffles and Rain Boots .com
More Unicorn Crafts You Might Like
If you like this unicorn craft, you won’t want to miss out on these!
Want More Fun Crafts Delivered Right to You?
If you want to get notified when we create a new set of DIY Mickey Mouse ears or other fun Disney crafts, sign up to our once-weekly newsletter. No spam, no selling, just really fun crafts. :)
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful.