No doubt, if you’re looking for a decadent cupcake, these easy tiramisu cupcakes are perfect. They’re so simple to make, too, you’re going to make them for every special event.
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we sometimes want a “grownup” cupcake. You know, like for a girls-night-out or, in my case, for an afternoon treat when I met with a friend at the park for the kids to play. I’m not talking like something over the top, but a yummy, more sophisticated cupcake. And the first thing that came to mind with this ridiculous idea for awesome tiramisu cupcakes.
Literally, it’s ridiculous because, frankly, I feel like I was kind of going over the top with the whole “grownup” thing. But, let’s be honest, sometimes it’s fun to treat yourself like that, right?! If you’re ready to make yourself a grownup treat, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy dessert recipes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Tiramisu Cupcakes
- Start with your favorite vanilla cupcakes. I always break out my recipe for Lazy Girl Cupcakes–because it’s no-fail and just consistent. And it calls for pretty standard stuff, nothing weird that I might not have on any given day.
- Never, ever ice your cupcakes without waiting for the cupcakes to cool completely. Any amount of frosting and warm cupcakes just makes a mess. So, let me say it for the folks in the back–wait for the cupcakes to cool.
- If your heart is just set on it, you can make a buttercream frosting, sure–I normally go for that on my cupcakes. But for this really special cupcake recipe, well, they just need something with a little more creaminess. So I made a cream cheese frosting that is seriously so creamy, you’re going to say “dreamy”. (I can’t believe I said that…so punny…)
- Now, you’ll notice that there’s not a whole lot of “surprises” in this cupcake. But the real surprise is the layer of coffee flavor. Like, if you’re expecting to have to cut a hole in the top of the cupcakes and fill it with something–this is not that recipe. But the layer of coffee flavor in the cupcake? Oh, that’s amazing. So don’t skip that part. It’s kind of the best.
How Do I Make this Tiramisu Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 12 vanilla cupcakes made with your favorite cupcake recipe
- 4 tbsp ground coffee
- ½ C boiling water
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 TBSP Mascarpone cheese
- 1 - 8 oz box, cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 2 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- ¼ C cocoa powder
- Bake your cupcakes per the directions in the recipe and allow them cool completely before decorating.
- Whisk together the ground coffee and boiling water to make the coffee dip, then dip the tops of each cupcake in it before setting them aside to rest for 30 minutes.
- Cream together the cream cheese, mascarpone cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Frost your cupcakes in a big swirl.
- With a sifter, lightly dust the cupcakes with cocoa powder and enjoy!
For more fun cupcake recipes, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 602Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 349mgCarbohydrates: 72gFiber: 1gSugar: 59gProtein: 5g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Decadent Cupcakes You Might Like
- Heath Bar Cupcakes – An amazingly awesome recipe with the cupcake of my dreams. You get that amazing crunch and that tasty smooth buttercream…yum.
- Cookies and Cream Cupcakes – I love having cookies with my cupcakes. I mean, not always, but when they’re combined like this, I’m in.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes – This amazingly yummy cupcake recipe sounds so basic, but the truth is that the results are a symphony on your tongue!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy cupcake decorating ideas board on Pinterest.