Let’s make a mermaid crown for a mermaid costume or for dress-up play! It’s an easy DIY and the kids will love to help decorate!
It’s such a simple project and it can go with a fancy mermaid costume while your kids play mermaid dressup or it can just go with their favorite mermaid t-shirt! So cute, I kind of want to wear a mermaid costume crown, myself. Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite mermaid costume or crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make a Mermaid Costume Crown
- Be liberal with the modge podge stiffy in step 1, it will make the lace firmer and last longer.
- Be liberal with the hot glue when putting your shells on–they will come off if you aren’t.
- Don’t be afraid to add more shells–the more the merrier!
How Do I Make this Mermaid Crown?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making a mermaid costume or mermaid crafts playlist on YouTube, here is our DIY mermaid crown video tutorial.
More Mermaid Dressup and Play Ideas You Might Like
- Mermaid Costume with No-Sew Option – If your little one love mermaid dressup, this mermaid costume is the absolutely perfect accompaniment to their mermaid crown.
- Mermaid Bath Bombs – All mermaids love playing in the water. Take your mermaid crown to the bath for playtime with these mermaid bath bombs!
- Mermaid Toast Treat – Want to make breakfast or snack-time a little more special for your mermaid today? Try making this mermaid toast treat (and have one yourself–they’re yummy).
- Mermaid Slime – Super easy to make and literally HOURS of fun for the kids, this mermaid slime is perfect for playing with while wearing a mermaid crown!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite mermaid dressup board on Pinterest.