It’s not everyday I get asked to make mermaid party food, but when I do, we make mermaid crab sandwiches that look like crabs but taste yummy!
Mermaid Crab Sandwiches
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we adore turning every day into fun-times in little ways. Or, turning a party into a silly occasion to really enjoy myself and get a giggle out of the kid. So, of course when she needed (her word, not mine) a mermaid party for herself and a stuffed-animal friend, well, we went to the kitchen to whip-up lunch–er, mermaid crab sandwiches.
They’re the perfect little mermaid party food, if your guests need more than just cake. But it’s also so simple that if you’re just making it for lunch, well, that’s perfect too. If you’re ready to make a fun mermaid crab sandwich, well, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite kid-friendly lunch ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Mermaid Food
- It’s fine if you know the mermaid you’re making these crab sandwiches for, but if you don’t know your eaters, maybe leave the assembly to them. You can do the heavy lifting of cutting the croissants and even putting in the eyes, but let them choose whether or not to have cheese or condiments or anything else.
- If you’re more cool than I am, you might think of doing eyes with black olives and mozzarella cheese. But I honestly didn’t think of that until just now. So, there’s that. If you’re not going that direction and want to do what I did, click here to grab the candy eyeballs–it’s a lot faster.
- To make your crab sandwiches a little easier to handle for little hands, you can use mini-croissants or even bake some of your own–those always bake up smaller than the croissants you get in the bakery.
How Do I Make Mermaid Crab Sandwiches?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 6 Croissants
- 12 Slices of Ham
- 6 Slices of Swiss Cheese
- 2 tbsp Mustard
- 12 Candy Eyeballs
- Slice each of the croissants to just about the opposite end, leaving the back (the part farthest from the two tips) is still attached.
- Place two slices of ham and one slice of cheese inside each croissant.
- Place two toothpicks into each croissant at an angle leaning backward. Place a dot of mustard on the back of two candy eyeballs. You will want the toothpicks to be leaning back at a steep angle so the candy eyes laying almost flat so they'll stay there. Then serve!
For more fun mermaid party food, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 621Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 158mgSodium: 1750mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 43g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Mermaid Party FOod You Might Like
- Mermaid Cupcakes – These cupcakes are an epic masterpiece. So much icing, so much fun, they are the perfect mermaid party cupcake.
- Mermaid Toast – If you’re looking for a way to turn your little mermaid’s whole day into a fun celebration, this mermaid toast is the way to start it all!
- Mermaid Lollipops – The party is going to be so much more fun with the addition of tiny little mermaid tail lollipops.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite mermaid party inspiration board on Pinterest.