Surprise Inside Gnomes – DIY Mini Gift Bag Gnomes for Christmas!
These surprise inside gnomes make me giggle so much. They’re the perfect mini gift bag gnomes for Christmas that you can make fast!
Surprise Inside Gnome
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I always feel inspired to make a gnome. See a jar on the counter? My imagine tells me it’s a gnome in waiting. Spy a pile of scrap fabric on the shelf? Gnome patterns for weeks. See a random piece of wood on the side of the road? Could be a cool porch gnome.
Everything is literally inspiration. So, of course when I found these fun drawstring gift bags in my holiday crafting stash, I knew what I had to do: gnome it up!
RELATED READING: BEST SCANDINAVIAN GNOME PATTERN FOR CHRISTMAS
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don’t want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
Quick and fun, this is a GREAT way to personalize a gift and make it more of a surprise than it already ways! Grab your favorite scissors and let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite holiday DIYs board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Gift Bag Gnomes for Christmas
- The real “trick” for making this awesome gift bag gnome set is to start with a pre-made mini drawstring bag. They have them everywhere around the holidays, just those pre-made pretty fabric drawstring gift bags that come in packs of 2 or 3. I found mine in the Target Dollar Spot, but I have seen them at Dollar Tree, Dollar General, grocery stores – they’re literally everywhere. So grab some of those as our base.
- If you want a little larger gift bag gnome idea, I found a set of graduated size bags that are epic and have a fantastic holiday-esque pattern. So, these gift bags in this set will work great. Same idea, just for larger gifts!
- As far as the beard, you can use so many different materials. But for my gifts, I wanted to keep this surprise inside gnome set as inexpensive as possible, so I used a mop head from the Dollar Tree. It worked to make both a beard and braids for my little gnomette! One thing I will say, though, if you choose to use a mop, don’t toss your hat material’s scraps away – you’ll want those to help you build the beard up. Just trust me.
- Fun fact, this is a versatile gift bag gnome – you can put a jar inside, you can fit your gifts straight inside the bag, or you can pop a little wood round in the bottom and set your gifts on top of that, just to give it a little stability. So, no matter what you’re looking to gift, these gnomes will make it happen. LOL!
How Do I Make this Surprise Inside Gnome?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making a Christmas crafts playlist on YouTube, here is our surprise inside gnome video tutorial.
More Christmas Gnomes You Might Like
- Easy DIY Santa Gnome – One of the cutest gnomes I’ve ever made, it’s all about that velvet and boots – with the cutest little nose for booping!
- 10-Minute DIY Christmas Gnome – Only have 10 minutes to spare for crafts, make this quick and fun gnome pattern just that fast!
- DIY No-Sew Christmas Gnome Pattern – Literally one of my most popular gnome patterns in Christmas form!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Christmas crafts board on Pinterest.