You don’t get cuter than this fun farmhouse buffalo check fall sock gnome with the elegant pumpkin detail that just pops!
Buffalo Check Fall Sock Gnome
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I decided to make a quick and fast gnome craft to go with my farmhouse decor so of course, I whipped out one of my favorite styles to make this buffalo check fall sock gnome.
Made with plush minky in a lovely grey buffalo check pattern, I was enamored with the fabric, but that hand-drawn pumpkin?! Oh, my heart. Grab your least favorite sock (or a new one – let’s be honest, that’s what I use for…reasons) and let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite fall crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don't want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Fall Farmhouse Gnome
- First things first, you see that perfect little hand-drawn pumpkin design? That’s this minimalist pumpkin SVG that I applied to my little fall farmhouse gnome hat using some heat transfer vinyl. Sneaky way to bring a pop of pumpkin into my gnome, huh?! LOL!
- Is this your first sock gnome? Cool – but be warned, they’re addictive! So, get ready to make a TON by checking out my quick and easy how to make a sock gnome FAQ page. Everything you need to know about making a quick and fast sock gnome for every occasion!
- One of my biggest “things” with gnomes is how the faux fur gets cut for the beard. Every time I see a chopped-off, squarish beard, I feel like I got a bad haircut. Avoid making me cringe by putting down the scissors and picking up a craft knife. Flip that fur over, fur-side-down onto the cutting surface and use the craft knife to very gently cut through just the fabric backing of the fur, then just pull the two parts away from each other and watch that fur part neatly. Check out this quick tutorial video I made for how to cut faux fur and while you’re there, be sure to subscribe, if you would like more awesome gnome tutorials and tips.
How Do I Make this Buffalo Check Fall Sock Gnome?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making a fall crafts playlist on YouTube, here is our buffalo check fall sock gnome video tutorial.
More Fall Gnome Crafts You Might Like
- Scarecrow Gnome Pattern – So adorable and absolutely one of the funnest no-sew gnome patterns you can make in minutes.
- Fall Gnome Garland – Add a touch of all the best fall colors to your mantle with this quick Cricut gnome craft.
- Dollar Tree Pumpkin Gnome with Feet – Super cheap, easy, and ridiculously adorable, this little guy’s twinkle toes have me giggling!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite gnome crafts board on Pinterest.