Making this fun DIY Christmas gnome in just 10 minutes is so much fun. It’s the perfect beginner Christmas gnome for any gnome maker!
DIY Christmas Gnome
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love making holiday gnomes. There’s nothing like making a fun gift or booping a nose of a gnome that’s going to grace my farmhouse tiered tray. So, when I decided to make a DIY Christmas gnome, I got doubly excited. Not only could I make a fun gnome for myself, but I could make one for a friend too!
They’re so simple and easy to make, whether you’re a beginner gnome maker or an expert, you can make several super fast! Which is perfect for gifts, because, let’s be honest, I don’t want to spend an hour on each gnome – I’d rather make 10 gnomes for 10 friends. Ha! If you’re ready to make a fun Christmas beginner gnome, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Christmas crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Christmas Beginner Gnome
- It’s best if you can find a super plush velvet to make your Santa sock gnome. But, there’s a trick you should know, if you can’t find velvet. Minky. Just as plush looking, if not quite as luxurious, minky fabric is so divine, no one will realize you didn’t get the velvet.
- Let’s talk gnome noses. I love making gnome noses out of whatever the closest round, beige item I can find. If that’s a wood bead or a ball of light brown polymer clay, then so be it. I love using wood beads like these, though, because they’re so consistent. And I don’t have to heat the oven or anything.
- I have to confess, the best and most fantastic part of making gnomes is the beard. For this particular beard, because I was going for a Santa gnome, I decided to do a fluffy white beard. But if you’d like to see some variations on my favorite faux fur beards, with this same gnome body, check out my popular farmhouse gnome tutorial here!
How Do I Make this DIY Christmas Gnome?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More DIY Christmas Gnome Patterns You Might Like
- Santa Gnome from a Cone – I love making gnomes from cones because they’re so simple, straight-forward and easy for beginners.
- Fun Merry & Bright Gnome – If you’re all about that bright and joyous time of year with pinks and greens, maybe a little blue, then you’re going to love this easy gnome pattern.
- DIY Christmas Gnome with Feet (Really Big Ones) – My favorite holiday gnomes are unique and fun. This adorable gnome is so unique with his hilariously large feet!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite holiday DIYs board on Pinterest.