I was on a walk one afternoon and had a crazy idea for a little mushroom cap gnome that lived his mushroom-life, reveling in the fun. This little tomte lived up to that idea and so much more!
Mushroom Cap Gnome
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are gnome-obsessed. Ok, maybe that’s an understatement, but you know, I love gnomes and the kiddo thinks they’re fun–so when I get an idea, off to the craft table I go! Even if it is a ridiculously silly gnome with a mushroom hat.
But all the best nisser are super silly, so this works REALLY well. And I love silly. Just look at all the crazy different gnomes I’ve made! LOL! If you’re ready to make a mushroom gnome for your very own, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy DIY crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Mushroom Gnome
- Start by clicking here to get the easy no-sew gnome body pattern to make the mushroom gnome. It’s a great pattern without a lot of “moving parts” so it’s great for beginners or someone who just doesn’t want to pull out the ‘ole sewing machine!
- If you’ve never cut faux fur before, I have this short video of how to cut faux fur the right way. While you’re there watching it, be sure to subscribe to my channel so you get to see all the latest and greatest gnome tutorials!
- I love using these wood beads for gnome noses. They’re quick and easy to grab out of the stash. But you can use buttons, polymer clay balls, beads, anything. Just find whatever you might have on hand and de-stash your craft supplies.
Get the Gnome Pattern Here
Click below to add this fun pattern to your cart. So many gnomes can be made with this!
How Do I Make this Mushroom Cap Gnome?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re a visual learner, pop on over to our full video tutorial for mushroom gnomes here.
More Easy DIY Gnomes You Might Like
Cut out the beard shape from the craft fur by turning the fur over and cutting only the fabric with the exacto knife.
Hot glue the beard to the body, about 2 inches below the edge of the gnome body.
- Cozy Gnome Pattern – This pattern is super simple and perfect if you’re a beginner to sewing and want to make #allthegnomes. Yes. All of them.
- Easy Sock Gnome with Boots – I adore making easy sock gnomes–it’s an obsession. And boots make them oh so cute. Of course I combined all of this awesome in one beautiful gnome.
- Bark Hat Rustic Gnome – Take a gnome and put a bark hat on top…a little mushroom and some moss between his toes? Every little bit of that and more!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite fall crafts board on Pinterest.