Whether you’re headed out with the tent or just to the backyard, these camping koozies with the EasyPress Mini and printable vinyl work up so fast–you can have a full set in just a few minutes.
Camping Koozies with the EasyPress Mini and Printable Vinyl
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we really love getting out in the wood, taking a hike and setting up our tent. Whether or not we spend a night or a week out in nature, we always miss it as soon as we’re back home. So, when I knew we were headed out–to the backyard instead of camping and the kiddo was sad, I decided to put together a quick set of koozies for our sodas that bring a little more camping vibe to our outing.
And WOW when I mean quick, I mean QUICK. This was less than 10 minutes. Less than 10 minutes. I mean, how do we even call that a craft?! If you’re ready to make a fast and fun camping koozie with printable vinyl and the EasyPress Mini, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy DIY ideas board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Get Exclusive Free SVGs, Special Discounts, and More!
I send free files, exclusive files, and sales. Want them?
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
Tips to Make Koozies for Camping
- Start by grabbing the printable vinyl here. There’s no sane way to make a koozie with such complex designs, unless you just LOVE weeding HTV. If you do, good on you. Not me. I love the idea of occasionally having a quick and fast print-and-cut project that is wildly complex and cool.
- Oh and you’re going to need some koozie blanks. That’s kind of important too. LOL!
- Heat up your EasyPress Mini (because, yes, this is a ridiculously fast project and you’ll want to go ahead and preheat that iron now.
- Then just download whichever of the awesome camping SVGs you might like to use. I grabbed the Let’s Get Toasted and Social Distancing Champ cut files for Cricut or Silhouette, but I made a ton of awesome camping SVGs that go with this–and am headed to go get more koozie blanks immediately so I can have a whole set.
How Do I Make Camping Koozies with the EasyPress Mini and Printable Vinyl?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- Cricut Explore Air 2 or Maker
- Cricut EasyPress Mini
- Parchment Paper
- Desktop Printer
- Heat your EasyPress Mini.
- Download your SVG file, then load it into Cricut Design Space.
- Attach the SVG file using the attach button in the bottom right-hand corner. This will automatically turn your image into a print-and-cut project. Add any additional images you want to use on your koozies or other printable vinyl projects--I got 4 koozies out of one sheet.
- Click "Make" and set your material to printable vinyl. Do not mirror the image--this is not traditional HTV.
- Load your printable vinyl into your printer and send the print to the printer in Cricut Design Space.
- Load the printed vinyl into the Cricut Maker or Explore Air 2 and tell the machine to cut.
- Once your design is cut, peel the backing off the design and place the design onto the koozie.
- Place the parchment paper on top of the design and press with the EasyPress Mini.
- Gently remove the parchment paper and allow the koozie to cool for 5 minutes before handling.
For more fun camping crafts, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More EasyPress Mini Crafts You Might Like
- Christmas Countdown Gnome – You can make this fun gnome with your Cricut or Silhouette then whip-up the little countdown part with your EasyPress in just minutes.
- Popsicle Holders Two Ways – My kiddo never asks for paper towels now when I have these fun popsicle holders for her to choose from!
- Lilo & Stitch Sleep Masks – I’ve been working on Disney Cruise fish extender gifts and these super quick and fun sleep masks are perfect.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Cricut or Silhouette board on Pinterest.