If you have a bored kiddo, making this Harry Potter paper roll craft together is the perfect way to shake up their day AND get a new toy!
Harry Potter Paper Roll Craft
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are all about finding creative ways to keep the kid happy lately. There’s nothing worse than that “I’m bored” whine and I will do just about anything to keep from hearing it. Including making a fun paper roll craft for Harry Potter.
Quick and fun, this easy paper puppet craft is all it takes for the kiddo to play for hours. Kind of magical for busing boredom, honestly. If you’re ready for a fun wizard craft, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy kids crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Harry Potter Paper ROll Puppet
- Don’t feel constrained that you have to make ONLY Harry. That’s all my kiddo wanted to do, but you can make Hermione by cutting out long fluffy locks. Or make Ron just by using red or orange paper for the hair. Easy swaps!
- If you’re not feeling super capable about drawing Harry’s face, don’t sweat it. Seriously, it’s two circles with connecting lines for the glasses, then semi-circles for closed eyes, a mouth and the nose. The hardest part is the lightening scar–it’s got to be sooooo tiny!
- Want to amp-up your wizard craft experience? Add a tiny wand made of twisted shreds of paper, make a full on Nimbus 2000 broom for Harry to ride with a chopstick and some shredded paper. Just get creative!
How Do I Make this Harry Potter Paper Roll Craft?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- Paper Roll
- Colored Craft Papers (in black, yellow, beige and brown for Harry)
- Craft glue
- Sharpie or marker
- Select colored craft papers for the Harry Potter paper doll patterns. Trace the patterns on the selected craft papers and cut them out nicely. I’m using cream-coloured paper for the head patter, yellow for the muffler, dark brown for the hair and black for the gown.
- Make a slit along the zigzag line inside the hair pattern.
- Slide the head pattern through the slid from the bottom side of the hair pattern. Apply glue to join the paper hair and head together.
- Use a black pen or marker to draw the eyes, nose, mouth and other details of the paper Harry Potter doll’s face.
- Grab the yellow muffler cutouts and add red stripes on them.
- Grab an empty toilet paper roll and cover it with the black paper. Attach the muffler pattern on either side (the top part of the doll) of the roll.
- Attach the paper head pattern on the top side (the muffler’s side) of the roll to complete the Harry Potter doll craft.
For more fun paper crafts for kids, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Easy Paper Roll Crafts You Might Like
- Han Solo Paper Craft for Kids – Everyone loves the original rogue and this little paper roll puppet is perfect for getting the kids playing with their best friend.
- Paper Roll Darth Vader – Shhh…I kind of have a crush on Anikin. Just go with it. The kiddo loves him too.
- Baby Yoda Paper Roll Craft – I may have gone a little overboard in coming up with fun paper roll crafts, I admit. But the kid loves them, I love coming up with them and you guys love them.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite kids crafts board on Pinterest.