One of my favorite snacks growing up was a glass of milk with a few chocolate chip cookies to dip into it. This milk and cookies cupcake recipe reminds me of that delicious treat.
This stunning cupcake recipe seriously looks like you bought it from your local pastry or bakery shop. Though this is a dessert recipe that looks like it took a long time to create, it actually takes minutes (we have a hack).
RELATED READING: WOW-Worthy Popcorn Cupcakes – You Have to See This
What You'll Find On This Page
Milk and Cookies Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love yummy dessert recipes, especially creative cupcake ideas. If you can show me how to make a store-bought-looking cupcake with minimal effort, I am all ears.
Because this recipe uses a cake mix as its base, you cut down on the preparation time by several minutes. When made right, you can elevate a cake mix to taste like you made your recipe from scratch.
We raised this cupcake recipe up a few notches, going beyond just easy. By mixing in some chocolate chips and crushed chocolate cookies, you get a level of flavor you can usually only get from a professional bakery. They are truly wow-worthy cupcakes.
No Time to Make This Now?
Need to make a grocery store run for ingredients before you can make your cupcake recipe? Save this recipe to your favorite dessert pin board or share it on Facebook.
Using the sharing buttons will make it easy for you once you’re ready to make your delicious dessert recipe.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within this article.
RELATED READING: Cake Mix Cupcakes That Will WOW
Tips for Making Your Cupcake Recipe
- To avoid over-mixing your cupcake batter, just mix until the last ingredient you added can no longer be seen.
- If you over-mix a cupcake batter, it can make your dessert recipe dense, chewy and gummy. Sadly, there is nothing you can do to correct this once it’s been done.
- A broken batter happens when the ingredients cannot be combined. This typically happens when you add cold eggs. Remember you need to allow your eggs to come to room temperature or put them in warm water for about a minute.
RELATED READING: Heath Bar Cupcakes – UNBELIEVABLE How Tasty These Are
Ingredients For This Fun Dessert Recipe
I have a very popular easy chocolate cupcake recipe for those of us who want homemade but DON’T want to spend all day in the kitchen. Just in case you don’t have a cake mix on hand…
- Chocolate cake mix (or easy chocolate cupcakes)
- Large eggs
- Unsalted butter (softened, not melted)
- Whole milk
- Crushed chocolate chip cookies
- Mini chocolate chips
Each step for this delicious cupcake recipe is detailed below so it’s easy to follow. Just keep this page open while you are creating your Cookies and Milk cupcakes. If you prefer a printed recipe, just scroll down and select the print button.
Prepare and bake the cake mix according to the directions. Cool completely before frosting.
Prepare and frost the cupcakes in two sections. The first section should be a large outside rim; the second section is a mound in the center of that rim.
Roll the bottom part of the frosting into the mini chocolate chips (or place them on by hand). Add a mini chocolate chip cookie and pipette with milk sticking out from the center of the mound.
RELATED READING: The Easiest (and Cutest) Love Letter Valentine’s Day Cupcakes
Notes for Making the Frosting Recipe
- For this, and many standard recipes, we used a 1M open-star tip. This tip, used in a piping bag, gives you more coverage, using less frosting.
- To frost your cupcake, hold the piping bag with your dominant hand, holding it about 1/2 inch from the top of the cupcake. Make a star in the middle and then move in a clock rotation, until the cupcake is covered.
- If you want to give your frosting some height, you can lift the tip slightly as you are going around the cupcake with the piping bag. This will make a “mountain” of frosting.
Here are More Cupcake Recipes You May Like
- Blood Orange Cupcakes Recipe with Hazelnuts – These blood orange cupcakes with hazelnuts are the perfect treat to snack on while re-visiting a movie or book in the beloved Harry Potter series.
- Easy Butterbeer Cupcakes Recipe – If you make this butterbeer cupcake recipe with a delicious drizzle, you will go down in Potterhead history.
- Donut Minnie Mouse Cupcakes (Ridiculously Cute) – This weekend it was a desire for donut Minnie cupcakes to have a fun afternoon treat and so get out the fondant and get to work.