These popcorn cupcakes are absolutely perfect for a movie night at home or a circus party. This recipe using marshmallows will WOW them all!
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we know cupcakes. I mean, we’ve even compiled a huge list of every awesome cupcake decorating idea that we’ve had. But, one of the best ideas ever? Oh, these popcorn cupcakes, of course.
Sweet, silly, and perfect for a movie-night, this circus cupcake is so simple, you’ll be making a second batch next week! Let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
Gathering supplies or ideas? Pin this to your favorite party board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
Tips to Make this Circus Cupcake
- If you don’t have mini-marshmallows, you can always tear larger marshmallows into pieces. It’s going to make it look so much more like popcorn, too!
- Let the cupcakes cool completely before frosting them. Warm frosting runs. It’s not pretty (and it won’t hold the marshmallows well).
- If you need a vanilla cupcake recipe, I recommend making our Lazy Girl’s Easy Vanilla Cupcakes. They take less than 30-minutes and use ingredients you likely have on hand.
How to Make Popcorn Cupcakes
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial and if you have any questions, just let me know in the comments. Let's make these fun cupcakes which are a marshmallow lover's dream!
Need Another Cupcake Decorating Idea?
- Ultimate List of Every Awesome Cupcake Decorating Idea - For real, you'll find a little bit of everything here--and definitely something unique and fun to inspire you.
- Unicorn Cupcakes - These are the single most adorable cupcake ever made. It's all about the rainbow.
- Poop Emoji Cupcakes - Ok. I know, but the kids will just DIE with laughter. They'll love it--you have to make these at least once!
- Teddy Bear Cupcakes - The kiddos are seriously going to love how sweet and cuddly this light and fluffy cupcake is.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite cupcake board on Pinterest.