These Donut Minnie Cupcakes are Ridiculously Cute and Easy to Boot!
My kiddo never ceases to inspire. This weekend it was a desire for donut Minnie cupcakes to have a fun afternoon treat and so we got out the fondant and got to work!
Donut Minnie Cupcakes
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are learning to use kitchen-time as a bonding opportunity with the kiddo. And, as of late, the kiddo is REALLY into the idea of coming up with her own ideas that we turn into reality. So, when she drew up a fun Minnie cupcake with donut ears, well, we had to make it a reality.
RELATED READING: MINNIE CRUELLA CUPCAKES FOR A 101 DALMATIANS PARTY
These donut cupcakes are so darling, the sprinkles, the bow, the donut – just everything. If you’re ready to make a cupcake that’s truly inspired, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy cupcake recipes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Donut Cupcakes
- I like to stick with the “known” when it comes to making cupcakes. So, I turn to my Lazy Girl Cupcakes recipe. Simple and fun to make, this is a no-fail cupcake that can be relied on for the best crumb every time. No need to get twisted, though – if you prefer a boxed cupcake, do it!
- My number one tip has quickly become: Don’t overfill your cupcake tins. I wouldn’t say anything if you weren’t planning to make Minnie ears that stick out from the cupcake’s icing. The deal is, the cupcake needs a fairly flat surface on the top so you can balance those ears. Very important not to have a big ‘ole mound of cupcake right there in the way.
- I love a good buttercream frosting – and that’s what I’ve included in this recipe. But if you prefer canned frosting, you do you. There’s no reason not to make these cupcakes your very favorite. So, if cream cheese frosting is your thing, do it. If you like that whipped cream icing that they make on cupcakes in the stores – have at it. Enjoy your cupcake. It’s your time.
How Do I Make this Donut Minnie Cupcakes?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you have any questions on making this recipe, just comment below and I'll help.
More Minnie Mouse Cupcakes You Might Like
- Nightmare Before Christmas Minnie Cupcakes - Ridiculously cute, these are great halloween cupcakes or creepy-Christmas cupcakes, if that's your thing! LOL!
- Christmas Minnie Cupcakes - Speaking of Christmas, these fun buffalo check cupcakes are absolutely gorgeous and simple to boot!
- Day of the Dead Minnie Cupcakes - I can't tell you how STUNNING these cupcakes are in person - definitely worth a peek if nothing else!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite party cupcakes board on Pinterest.