Easy Gnome Valentine’s Day Card
Nothing adds a personal touch to a holiday or special occasion more than a handmade keepsake. Our easy gnome Valentine’s Day card is cute, simple to make, and has a high “awww” factor. Kids will love this gnome tutorial.
If you like giving a token of remembrance for a special day, nothing says “I Love You” like a card you made yourself. And if the card is as easy as pie to put together, that makes giving it even better.
RELATED READING: Gnome Valentine’s Day Garland Craft (Easy Felt Gnomes)
Valentine’s Day Gnome Card
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we certainly don’t hide the fact that we are absolutely obsessed with Gnomes. We have shared several how-to projects that include gnomes over the years. And to pick one that is more adorable than another? Impossible!
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don’t want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
If there is one thing we may like better than an easy and cute craft, it is one that takes a minimal amount of supplies and time and turns into something out of the world. That is this card! The return on your investment of time and supplies fat outweighs the effort.
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share
Need to check your supply stash to make this cute and easy dimensional card? Save this easy craft project to your favorite Valentine’s Day craft pin board or share it on Facebook. Using the sharing buttons will make it simple to come back to when you are ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases. There may be affiliate links within this article.
RELATED READING: Free Sarcastic Valentine’s Day Cards (for Adults)
Tips for Making Your Paper Valentine’s Day Card
- When making paper cards, you want to use a minimum of 60-65 lb weight for the paper. Even better is to use 80 lb. stock.
- If you prefer to change up your white card, choose a color paper that compliments the main colors of the pieces going on the front of the card. If you aren’t sure, find a color wheel to help you with color selection.
- For a different look, round your corners. This elevates your card to an elegant level.
- Get ahead of the holidays and special occasions and organize your cards in a storage box. You can make cards ahead of time and file them away until you are ready to use them.
Supplies for a Valentine’s Day Card DIY
- Glue Stick (or School Glue or a Hot Glue Gun)
- Straight stick Pins
- Dark Pink Felt (for the body)
- Light Pink Felt (for the heart)
- Light Tan Felt (for the nose)
- Gray or White Felt (for beard)
- Gnome template printed on card stock (get the template below)
- Gnome template printed on regular printer paper
Each step for this holiday craft project is detailed below so it is easy to follow. Keep this page open while you are creating this Valentine’s Day card. If you would rather have a printable how-to, just scroll down and select the print button.
Print and cut out the gnome template.
Pin the template to the dark pink felt and cut around it.
Cut out the heart, pin it to the light pink felt, and cut.
Cut out the round nose, pin it to the tan felt, and cut.
Cut out the beard, pin it to the gray felt, and cut.
Glue felt pieces onto the gnome on the card stock paper, stacking them for a dimensional card.
RELATED READING: Free Valentine’s Day Printables (The Sock is TOO Cute)!
Notes on Making This Paper Card Craft
- To get a cleaner edge when cutting your felt, use small, sharp scissors and cut slowly. The end result will be worth the time.
- If you have it handy, fabric glue works quite well with felt. It allows it to adhere better and gives your design more stabilization.
- For gluing smaller pieces of felt to your card, put glue on a toothpick. This will give you more control and you will have less seepage.
More Valentine’s Day Recipes and Crafts You May Like
- Valentine’s Day Popcorn and Free Boxes: The only thing better than chocolate and candy-covered popcorn is a cute DIY box to put it in.
- Easy Valentine Gnome Paper Puppets for Kids is a Fun Paper Craft: This easy Valentine gnome paper puppets craft for kids is so fun! The little ones can make a fun toy to play with, making it fun after the craft is done.
- Make this Adorable Gnome Valentine Mailbox in Minutes: Our fast and easy Valentine box can be done with a Cricut or some scissors.
Please Save or Share
Your shares are how this site grows and I sincerely appreciate it. Please save this to your favorite crafting or Valentine’s Day pin board or share it on Facebook.