I love how simple but fun this DIY Mickey love sign Dollar Tree craft is. The perfect balance of Valentines charm and Disney whimsy!
DIY Mickey Love Sign Dollar Tree Craft
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have such a good time making quick and easy Dollar Tree crafts that bring not only a sweet Valentines feel to my favorite decor, but also the whimsical joy of Mickey Mouse! It’s just so much fun with those two things come together and I couldn’t wait to share this little set of Mickey love signs!
Super quick and full of, well, love, this easy Dollar Tree Valentines craft is just so much fun. If you’re ready to make a DIY Mickey love sign set you’re going to loooove, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite Disney crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make This Dollar Tree Craft for Valentines
- Let the base coat of paint dry completely before you apply the painter’s tape to do your black and red layers. If you don’t let the white paint dry completely, the painter’s tape will pull your base coat away and the black and red will be uneven and lumpy. So, let it dry completely. #lessonslearned
- If you’re having a little trouble finding craft foam at your Dollar Tree, keep in mind that the circles for the ears are small enough that you can make them from felt, too.
- Speaking of those ears, when you’re cutting them out, keep in mind that they need to be really small to fit on the “o” nicely. So, make them small – you want them to be cute, not overpower the sign.
How Do I Make this DIY Mickey Love Sign Dollar Tree Craft?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- 2 Wooden LOVE Signs
- 2 Yellow Buttons
- Ribbon – Red with White Polka Dots
- Craft Paint – White, Black, Red
- Craft Foam – Black
- Pencil with New Eraser
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Painter’s Tape
- Paint both sides of the wood signs with the white paint. Allow the paint to dry completely.
- Using the middle of the letter “E” to guide you, place a line of painter’s tape all the way across the front and both sides of each sign. Paint the top portion of both signs with black paint. Allow the paint to dry completely, and if it's not smooth, apply a second coat, then carefully peel away the painter’s tape. Allow the black paint to dry completely.
- Paint the remaining white portion of each sign red. Allow the paint to dry completely, and if it's not smooth, apply a second coat. Allow the red paint to dry completely.
- On one sign, add polka dots using white paint applied with a new pencil eraser, dotting randomly over the red portion. Allow the white paint to dry completely.
- While that is drying, cut out four 1-inch circles from the black craft foam.
- To complete the Mickey sign, attach two of the craft foam circles to the top of the “O” to make ears, then hot glue two yellow buttons to the bottom of the "O", about 1 inch apart.
- To complete the Minnie sign, attach two of the craft foam circles to the top of the “O”. Tie a small amount of red and white polka dot ribbon into a bow then trim the ends neatly. Glue this bow to the top center of the “O” between the ears.
- Then hang your signs or lean then against the wall to display.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. For a full policy on partner links, visit our policy page.
More Valentines Dollar Tree Crafts You Might Like
- Valentines Dollar Tree Gnome – This fun twisty hat gnome is so adorable and unbelievably easy. The inexpensive cost is nothing to sniff at either!
- Valentine Gnome Mailbox – Even though I didn’t initially make this from Dollar Tree materials, I’ve noticed this year that all the supplies can be had at my local store.
- Adorable Valentines Book Stack – You can make this quick and fun Dollar Tree Valentines craft for a gnome stand, random decoration or a gift!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite Dollar Tree crafts board on Pinterest.