If you’re making a school Valentines mailbox, this adorable gnome Valentine mailbox is so quick and easy to make–it’s the perfect Valentine craft for Cricut ever!
Gnome Valentine Mailbox
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we were informed by the boss (AKA kiddo) that we needed a mailbox for Valentines day that had gnomes on it. I thought and thought about how to do that and had a brilliant idea–what if I LITERALLY put gnomes on the side of the mailbox?! I was one cut file away from perfection.
And, let me tell you, once I picked the cut file I wanted (because, yes, I made the cut files before I knew I was going to be making this Valentines craft), I was off to the races. This is the cutest school Valentine mailbox ever made and the kiddo was SO happy. If you’re ready to make a gnome mailbox for Valentines, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite valentine crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make This Valentine Gnome Mailbox
- Click here to get the cute valentines gnome SVG cut file set. You get SEVERAL gnome designs to choose from (I just couldn’t settle on one, don’t you know?!) so, you can customize your gnome valentines day mailbox with as many little gnomes as you like!
- Ok. So, a couple of things you’re also going to need–and I have a secret: I got them on sale LOL! So, grab them while they’re on sale. What you’re going to need is a mini mailbox like this one and a wooden candlestick like this one. Like I said, I got them on sale, which made this a much cheaper craft than I anticipated.
- Make sure to measure your mailbox and scale your gnomes to fit. I had to scale mine down considerably to fit nicely on the side of my mailbox.
- I used craft felt to make my Valentines gnomes, but you can also use craft foam or card stock. Don’t feel limited by what I did–I just wanted that softer look that comes with felt. Also, I have a lot of felt on hand. LOL!
How Do I Make a Gnome Valentine Mailbox?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- Valentine Gnome Cut Files for Cricut or Silhouette
- Craft Felt Scraps in Light Blue, Pink, White, Light Beige and Black
- Wood Candlestick Holder
- Mini Red Mailbox
- Red Craft Paint
- Faux Floral Vine and Mini Roses
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue
- Cricut Cutting Machine
- Download the cut files and upload them to Cricut Design Space.
- Measure the size of your mailbox side and, based on the width, reduce the size of the gnomes to fit on the side of the mailbox.
- Tell Design Space to Make It and cut the gnome pieces from the craft felt scraps.
- Weed the extra felt from the mat and carefully remove the tiny pieces of the gnomes from the mat.
- Lay out the gnomes with all their pieces so they stay together--even though I did this, I still messed up some of the groups. Oops.
- Hot glue the bodies of the gnomes onto the side of the mailbox.
- Glue the hats on top of the bodies.
- Attach the beards, mustaches, feet and hands to each gnome, as applicable.
- Hot glue on the letters and heart.
- Paint the candlestick with the red craft paint and allow to dry fully.
- Hot glue the candlestick to the center of the mailbox bottom.
- Wrap the faux floral vine around the candlestick and hot glue in place.
- Tuck the tiny roses in place and hot glue them to stay--then enjoy!
For more fun Valentine craft ideas, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
Would you like inspiration delivered right to you each week? Sign up for the once-weekly Ruffles and Rain Boots newsletter and you’ll get that and more! Get access to the exclusive libraries full of free SVGs, hand lettering practice, and so much more.
More Valentine Gnome Crafts You Might Like
- Valentine Felt Gnomes – This is the first set of Valentines gnomes I ever made and I still love them–they have a prominent place on my farmhouse tiered tray Valentines display.
- Valentine Gnome Garland – If you’re not making this for Valentines, I don’t know what you’re doing with your time–because this is EPIC!
- Valentine Sock Gnome Couple with Twisted Heart Hat – You can seriously make this little gnome couple and have the little twisted heart hat and coffee cups and everything done in no time. So sweet!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite easy crafts board on Pinterest.