These easy strawberry hot cocoa bombs are so delicious. Who doesn’t love a chocolate covered strawberry in mug form?!
Strawberry Hot Cocoa Bombs
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we are just in love with the idea of a big glass of strawberry milk. But then I thought, what’s better than strawberry milk? Fresh strawberries – and chocolate. Coming together in one of my new favorite obsessions, hot cocoa bombs? I couldn’t resist.
So, I made these amazing and delicious pink hot cocoa bombs with strawberry flavoring and, let’s just say, it was one of the most yummy experience I’ve had in a while. If you’re ready to make a hot cocoa bomb that’s equally beautiful and tasty, let’s get started.
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy drink recipes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make Strawberry Hot Chocolate Bombs
- You do not have to use chocolate chips in order to make your own hot cocoa bombs. Chocolate chips are notoriously difficult and can get all lumpy when melted. Instead, I recommend using candy melts. They’re just easier to melt, more smooth and pre-prepped for this kind of melting and molding. Plus, they’re pre-colored which makes that whole calculation go out the window. Grab a bag of pink melting discs like this and making your strawberry hot cocoa bombs will be a breeze.
- I couldn’t wait to make strawberry flavored cocoa bombs with REAL strawberries But, of course, you want your pink hot cocoa bombs to be shelf stable while fresh strawberries would ruin that. So, I found a bag of freeze-dried strawberries like this and made a bit of powder to include in my hot chocolate bombs!
- When the weather turns chilly and you’re ready for a hot chocolate, just pop your bombs into a coffee mug, then heat-up your milk and pour it right over that bomb. It’ll float up, crack open and “explode”!
How Do I Make Strawberry Hot Cocoa Bombs?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
- Place the strawberries in a zipper-top bag and, with a rolling pin, mash the strawberries into a fine powder.
- Warm the pink chocolate candy melts in a microwavable bowl per the package directions. Place about 1 tbsp of the melted candy into one of the mold cavities and, using the back of your spoon, move the melted chocolate up and around the mold sides, covering the mold in a thick but even layer. Repeat with 12 bomb molds then place in the freezer for about 5 minutes to set.
- Take the chocolate coated molds from the freezer then peel the silicone mold away from the chocolate cup. Fill 6 of chocolate cups with 2 teaspoons of sprinkles (just the green bits), 2 teaspoons of crushed strawberries, and a marshmallow.
- Heat a plate in the microwave and gently rub an empty half-bomb open-side-down onto the heated plate for about 10 seconds to gently melt the rim. Immediately press this onto one of the filled cups to close the two halves together. If needed, you can add more melted chocolate around the edge.
- Heat the white candy melts in a microwaveable bowl and place them inside a piping bag with a small tip. Drizzle the white candy melts over the hot cocoa bombs and immediately add sprinkles.
- Place your finished hot cocoa bombs into the freezer for 5 minutes then remove and store in an airtight container until you’re ready to use.
- To use the hot cocoa bombs, place them in a mug and pour 2 cups hot milk over the top. Stir until the hot cocoa bombs are completely melted and enjoy!
For more easy hot cocoa bomb recipes, visit Ruffles and Rain Boots!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. For a full policy on partner links, visit our policy page.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 413Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 53mgCarbohydrates: 93gFiber: 2gSugar: 60gProtein: 1g
All nutrition information is estimated. For accuracy, please calculate your exact brands and ingredients if accuracy is desired.
More Hot Cocoa Bomb Recipes You Might Like
- Salted Caramel Hot Cocoa Bombs – You’re not going to want to share this amazing treat that’s nothing short of a cup of awesomeness.
- Reece’s Hot Cocoa Bombs – One of the most fun and cozy drinks you’re going to enjoy this winter and a fun gift to share!
- Raspberry Dark Chocolate Hot Cocoa Bombs – Think decadence with a raspberry on top and then cover it in hot milk for a wonderful way to warm up!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite dessert recipes board on Pinterest.