I absolutely love a cute craft you can make with supplies from Dollar Tree. This hanging mason jar snowman craft is made with simple supplies you can grab from the store and the rest from your own craft bin.
No matter how inexpensive this craft is to make, it comes out looking like a million bucks. This smiling snowman is the perfect new project to add to your winter decorations.
RELATED READING: This Mini Snowman Mason Jar Treat Container is TOO CUTE for Words!
What You'll Find On This Page
Hanging Mason Jar Snowman
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love a simple craft project we can spend less than an hour making with the little ones. This hanging mason jar snowman only takes a few minutes to make. The longest part of the craft is waiting for the paint to dry in between coats!
If you have older school-age kids, this would be a cute project they can make on their own or you can help the younger ones during their winter break. Can you imagine how precious this Dollar Tree snowman craft would be as a gift for a teacher, friend, or Christmas gifting idea?
No Time to Make This Now? Save or Share
If you need to make a run to pick up your supplies for this snowman craft, save it to your favorite holiday season crafting pin board or share it on Facebook. Using the sharing buttons makes it easy when you are ready to create your winter snowman craft project.
As an Amazon Associate, I could earn from qualifying purchases. There could be affiliate links within this article.
RELATED READING: DIY Embroidery Hoop Snowman with Doilies!
Tips for Making a Hanging Mason Jar Snowman Craft
- Because you are painting metal in this winter craft idea, you may want to use a primer as a base coat. You can find this as a spray or brush-on product. This will help the paint adhere and keep it from being damaged down the road.
- If you don’t have any jute twine to use for this snowman craft, substitute some wool or acrylic yarn. Just remember to use a bit of clear nail polish for the ends to keep them from fraying.
- If your Dollar Tree does not have any felt you can use for this project, use any scrap of winter-looking fabric from your sewing room.
Here are the Supplies for the Snowman Craft
Below are the supplies I used for this craft. As always, check what you have on hand and think what you can use up.
- Metal Mason Jar Sign
- Natural Jute Twine
- Silk Pine Branch
- Jumbo Craft Sticks
- White, Black, Pink, and Orange Acrylic Craft Paint
- Black Large and Medium Buttons,
- Light Blue Craft Felt Sheet
- Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Round Sponge Dabber
How to Make a Metal Mason Jar Snowman Craft
Each step for this Dollar Tree sign idea is detailed below so it’s easy to follow. Keep this page open while you are creating your snowman craft. If you would rather have a printable copy of this how-to, just scroll down and select the print button.
Paint the jar portion of the metal mason jar sign with white acrylic craft paint.
Paint the lid portion of the metal mason jar sign with black acrylic craft paint.
Using scissors, cut a craft stick in the shape of a carrot for the nose, painted orange.
Attach two large black buttons for the eyes and the carrot nose. Add the mouth and cheeks.
Wrap jute twine around the lid of the mason jar sign.
Measure and cut two rectangles from light blue craft felt (see measurements below).
Flip the snowman over and tie the scarf. Be sure to secure it with glue.
Notes for Making a Metal Snowman Craft
- If you do not have a hot glue gun handy for this snowman craft idea, grab a bottle of white school or tacky glue to use in this winter craft project.
- If you can’t locate the metal mason jar from Dollar Tree, You can find a similar item on Amazon. Just be sure to use a primer to cover up the writing.
- Before painting the metal on this mason jar sign idea, give it a good wipe with a microfiber or clean cotton cloth to remove any dirt or debris.
More Snowman Crafts You May Like
- Cork Snowman DIY – This guy is SO cute and is a perfect winter decor that will last from Christmas through the new year.
- Dollar Tree Snowman Wreath – If you like the minimalist style, this is a perfect (and QUICK) craft for you to take on. He’s so cute.
- Clay Pot Snowman Gnome – This adorable guy is just two clay pots, a beard, and a cute Dollar Tree find!
Please Save or Share
Your shares are how this site grows and I sincerely appreciate it. Please save this hanging mason jar snowman kids will love to your favorite kid’s craft project pin board or share it on Facebook.