Such a simple gnome craft, but the end result of this clay pot snowman gnome is just so precious and perfect for Christmas decor!
Clay Pot Snowman Gnome
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, I have always wanted a little snowman gnome but haven’t found the right design. But this week, I came up with the most adorable design, I just couldn’t wait for the holidays to catch up with me! I had to break out my craft supplies to make this clay pot snowman gnome even if the weather is still warm! LOL!
Fast and easy to make, this little terra cotta pot gnome craft is perfect for a little touch of winter on your entry table or in a farmhouse tiered tray. The hat is ridiculously easy and the assembly? No-brainer. You’ll have a whole family of snowpeople in just a few mintues. Grab your clay pots and let’s get started.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don’t want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite holiday crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Terra Cotta Pot Gnome Craft
- I used one of these 4-inch terra cotta pots. But, to be honest, the size of the pot doesn’t really matter. You could make itty-bitty mini terra cotta pot gnome snowmen (people) with those little 1-inch pots or you could make a giant guy for the porch – stop everything, I think I have to go make another gnome!
- Because I wanted to make this DIY gnome craft as simple as possible, I used chenille wire for the legs and arms with just painted-on buttons on his belly. But, if you wanted to go a little further down the rabbit hole and had a few more minutes to spare than I did, you could find some real tiny buttons, sticks that are perfect and get just a little more “real”. Not that a clay pot gnome snowman is real, but you know what I mean.
- I’m feeling a little obsessed with this little terra cotta pot gnome craft right now, but I do think that if I made another, I’d make a little girl gnome to go with this one. If you’d like to do the same, you can make braids instead of a mustache with this easy video tutorial of how to make braids for a gnome girl here. It’s just a little quick bit of the video, but it walks you through everything you need to know.
How Do I Make this Clay Pot Snowman Gnome?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More Snowman Crafts You Might Like
- Modern Snowman Wreath – Literally one of the most easy wreaths I’ve ever made, this fun modern snowman wreath is fast and fun!
- Snowman Painted Pot Gift Idea – If you’re making a little candy gift or other small treat, you can whip up this cute container fast!
- Woodslice Snowman Ornament – Homemade ornaments are literally the best kind and this one is so charming, it’s crazy!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite gnome crafts board on Pinterest.