If you’re decorating for a farmhouse halloween, making a halloween gnome garland is one of the funnest DIY halloween decorations you should definitely make.
Halloween Gnome Garland
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we LOVE making gnomes. Standing gnomes, shelf-sitting gnomes, gnomes holding coffee cups, and every which other way they come. But I do have a favorite: no-sew gnomes. And making miniature gnomes into a garland is so much fun, I can’t stop. I won’t. You can’t make me. And this halloween gnome garland is proof, bwahahahahah!
So little, these gnomes are just about the
sweetest things spookiest things (don’t tell the vampire gnome I almost called him sweet), almost like gnome ornaments, you can bet they are going to be a beloved halloween decoration year after year. If you’re ready to make a wickedly fun gnome halloween garland, let’s get started.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don’t want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite easy DIY gnomes board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make This Gnome Halloween Garland
- First, click here to get the pattern for the gnomes or click here to get the pattern for the gnomes with the cut files. Yes, you can use your cutting machine to cut both the hats and the witch’s hat band, the screw bits, so much.
- Let me tell you about the “filler” bits of the garland. They’re just little glitter covered foam balls from the dollar store (Dollar Tree to be exact). But you can use just about anything. Different gnome garlands call for different things. I used cinnamon sticks for a reindeer gnome garland, I used little felt balls for a valentine gnome garland and now I’ve used these glittery foam balls. Just use whatever is on hand that works for your theme!
- Take your time. The entire halloween gnome garland took me about 45 minutes from start to finish (although, to be honest, I was dawdling a bit, because the kiddo was occupied and I was just having fun). This is a bit longer than most crafts for me, so if you need a break, take it. It’s not going to hurt anything. The gnomes aren’t going anywhere. Well, the vampire gnome might flitter off, but I think you’re ok with the rest.
- If you haven’t cut faux fur before or you’re not sure how to make it look nice, don’t worry, I’m here to help. Flip over the fur and, using a razor blade or Exacto knife, cut just the fabric backing of the fur into a wee triangle shape (make sure the pile of the fur is pointing toward the apex of your triangle so it drapes down the gnome). Pull the cut fur piece away from the whole and you’ll have a beautiful beard. If you’re a visual learner like me, I show you how to easily cut faux fur in this video.
Get the Gnome Garland Pattern
Click below to add this fun pattern to your cart. So many cuties can be made with this!
How Do I Make this Halloween Gnome Garland?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial.
More DIY Halloween Gnomes You Might Like
- Halloween Sock Gnome Tutorial – One of my favorite halloween gnomes EVER, these are so fast and quick, you are not going to believe it.
- DIY Pirate Gnome – An elaborate gnome dressed as a pirate for the big day, this swashbuckling tomte is based on a cone, so that makes this no-sew gnome pattern amazing.
- No-Sew Witch Gnome Pattern – She’s wicked and wild, this gnarly (but oddly ladylike) gnome. I love everything about this no-sew gnome pattern for a witch.
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite DIY halloween decor board on Pinterest.