You Will Love This Reindeer Gnome Garland for Christmas
This reindeer gnome garland is one of the CUTEST Christmas crafts I’ve made – ever. It is soo adorable and pretty quick to come together with the help of one of my favorite craft “cheats.”
Reindeer Gnome Garland
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we love Christmas and gnomes, so it makes sense that I adore making my own DIY Christmas gnomes. These two things naturally just come together sometimes in a wildly whimsical way that can’t be denied. If you’re digging the gnome-craze or you just love Christmas, this awesome DIY garland with gnomes dressed as reindeer is perfect.
RELATED READING: EASY DIY GNOME GARLAND
And, the best part is, all those little bitty cuts and whatnot? Made those on my Cricut, so I could make a million of these little gnome reindeer in the time it would take me to cut one. If you DO NOT have a Cricut, look for stickers at the craft store during the holiday season – I’ve seen the reindeer names before.
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don’t want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
If you’re ready to get the world most adorable handmade garland on your Christmas tree, let’s get started.
DIY Christmas Gnome Tutorials
If you’re looking for the best DIY Christmas gnome tutorials, you have come to the right place. Check out all of my favorite tomte tutorials for the holidays!
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Share this to your favorite Facebook group or on your timeline to easily find it later or save it to a pin board.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make a Reindeer Garland
- Get the gnome reindeer garland pattern here. If you would like a cutting machine like a Cricut or Silhouette to do the work, get the gnome reindeer garland SVG set here.
- Let’s talk about cinnamon sticks. That looks like a lot of cinnamon sticks, but it’s not. I just bought one package of cinnamon sticks at the craft store, cut each into 3 pieces, and wrapped three of them in twine. You can grab some crafting cinnamon sticks here so you don’t have to buy food-grade ones (cheaper).
- Take your time – the entire took about 45 minutes from start to finish. I know that is on the “long end of the craft spectrum” for me, so if you need a break, take it.
- If you have never cut faux fur before or you’ve hated how it turned out, don’t worry. Flip over the fur and, with a razor blade or Exacto knife, cut only the fabric backing into a triangle shape (make sure the fur’s pile is pointed straight down). Pull the cut piece away from the whole and this will leave you with a beautiful drape on the beard. If you’re a visual learner, learn how to cut fur in this quick tutorial.
Get the Garland Pattern
Click below to add this fun pattern to your cart. So many cuties can be made with this!
How Do I Make this Reindeer Gnome Garland?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making a playlist on YouTube for awesome Christmas crafts, here is our reindeer gnome garland video.
While you’re there, be sure to subscribe so you can get all the gnome tutorials when they hit… I make a lot of gnomes. :)
More Christmas Gnomes You Might Like
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Gnome – Look, if you love reindeer and Rudolph, specifically, this is the gnome you need in your life.
- Merry & Bright Gnome – Non-traditional Christmas theme in your house? Check out this absolutely adorable gnome.
- Epic Gnome Ornament – Seriously, this is our most popular post ever–and there’s a reason. This is an epic gnome ornament and you’ll love it.
Please Save or Share This
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite DIYs on a Christmas pin board.
I just love your work! I am a senior ceafter who enjoys Christmas crafting and would love to see a video on the Grinch doll. I downloaded the pattern but am having trouble with the body. Thanks so much for helping me keep going with my desire to craft/
Oh Norma, I’m so sorry but I didn’t shoot a video for that one. Anything I can help with here?