I love this easy gnome treat jar topper. It’s a great scrap buster project and it’s so fast, you’re done in a blink. Who knew making a gnome candy jar would be so simple?!
Gnome Treat Jar Topper
Here at Ruffles and Rain Boots, we have wanted a gnome candy jar for, well, forever. They’re so cute and it’s like the gnome is guarding the goodies. But I wasn’t quite sure how to make it happen. So I cleared off my craft table, broke out some scrap fabrics and a few nose options and just focused on the candy jar. Then it hit me. I could make my treat jar gnome with a cone!
I love cone gnomes and can’t stop making adorable gnomes with them – they’re just the perfect form. So, I grabbed a 7-inch cone and got to work! This gnome treat jar topper is so perfect, It’s going to make a great holiday gnome! If you’re ready to make a gnome candy jar, let’s get started.
DIY Christmas Gnome Tutorials
If you’re looking for the best DIY Christmas gnome tutorials, you have come to the right place. Check out all of my favorite tomte tutorials for the holidays!
Get Secret Gnomes, Tips, & Freebies Delivered!
What is the best pattern to use when you don't want to sew? Do you know the secrets to a properly-proportioned gnome? Do you know where to get the best-priced fur?
Get all of this (and exclusive content just for you) delivered right to your inbox with the gnome-making series, free of charge. Sign up to get the once-weekly newsletter (and a jaw-dropping special offer)!
If you use gMail or Yahoo, please check the spam or "promotional" folders. Whitelist my email address or reply to the email to ensure delivery of all files. Happy Holidays! - Sarah
No Time to Make This Now? Pin it for Later
You’re busy, I get it. Pin this to your favorite holiday crafts board on Pinterest and it’ll be here for when you’re ready.
As an Amazon Associate, I can earn from qualifying purchases.
Tips to Make this Gnome Candy Jar
- I found my candy jar at the Dollar Tree in my neighborhood. But you can find something similar at all the craft stores. But a treat jar doesn’t have to be the only way to make this treat jar gnome. You could use a pickle jar, a little jelly jar, anything!
- When you place the cone on the top of the jar lid, it should fit snugly. If it does not, don’t panic. You can add a strip of fabric to the inside of the cone and make the fit a bit better. Or, alternatively, you can cut off the bottom of the cone, making it smaller.
- To make this gnome pattern, I just used all of my scraps. No, really! It was such a small project you can just grab leftovers from prior projects that you can put to use!
How Do I Make this Gnome Treat Jar Topper?
I’m so glad you asked. Below is our written tutorial. If you’re making a holiday crafts playlist on YouTube, here is our gnome treat jar video tutorial.
More Holiday Gnome Tutorials You Might Like
- Gnome Wine Bag Upgrade – Take a plain wine bag to a whole new level with this Scandinavian gnome wine bag upgrade that is so quick, it’s ridiculous!
- Embroidery Hoop Gnome Wreath – This quick and easy gnome wreath using an embroidery hoop is one of my favorite holiday wreaths I’ve ever made!
- Gnome Napkin Rings – You’re not going to find a more adorable gnome on a napkin ring. Not that there aren’t just a whole lot of gnomes on napkin rings out there, but still. LOL!
Please Save This to Pinterest
Your shares are how this site grows and I am sincerely grateful. Know a friend who’d like this? Please share it on Facebook or save it to your favorite DIY gnome crafts board on Pinterest.